Working out to eat more!!!

Options
I have found on MFP that the more I work out the more I can eat, and I love that!! Its actually pushing me to get two workouts a day in! One of which is 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone, and the other is 30 Day Shred with Jillian Micheals. Is anyone else finding this out, that you feel less hungry when you workout more and eat more??

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If your trying to maintain your weight thats good.
    today I read in Shape mag, not to eat your calories burned...I never do anyways...just eat when I need to
    but if it works for you, Awesome!!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    Totally love it too lol I like the eat every 2-3 hours, that really helps with the eating more = feeling less hungry too. Which also keep me from over eating!!

Its so great to find the things that make you excited about working out and doing it right :happy:
  • SakanaUshi
    Options
    YES! This has been my experience for the last week. In my case, the ability to eat more when I work out is the main motivator to get me to work out at all. Lol.

It makes a huge difference. I go to the gym, do some cardio, feel great, and then I have no trouble staying within my adjusted calorie goal. When I don't do that cardio, it's more of a challenge to not go over.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    That has literally been the biggest revelation for me after joining MFP! Its so obvious and simple I can't believe I made it to 26 without figuring this out...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That's what got me motivated to work out in the first place. If I worked out, I could eat more. LOVE that!

FWIW, I always eat back all or most of my exercise cals, and I've been steadily losing. Must be doing something right.
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes definately. To be honest I haven't had to battle hunger at all...if anything I have to push myself to add a snack or get creative so I don't eat too little! :) Its a nice feeling really...I also find it funny that the healthier the choices I make, the more I can eat in volume. I could eat a days calories in junk and still feel hungry at the end of the night or eat a days calories (or less) of healthier and more natural choices and feel more than satisfied. I still allow myself a little treat here or there, but its all about portions for me now...this will be my forever lifestyle :) not my quick fix!
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I don't eat all my calories back, but yes I do get to eat more! :) I do leslie sansone 5 mile fat burn too and it is great, 5mph burns more than the 4mph one ofcourse. I havethe 4 mile and the leslie pilates. I really like the pilates! I alternate a lot, but must say that the 5 mile is my fave just for the simple fact of more cals burned ;)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If your trying to maintain your weight thats good.
    today I read in Shape mag, not to eat your calories burned...I never do anyways...just eat when I need to
    but if it works for you, Awesome!!

That's because they're assuming that you're not already eating a calorie deficit, so your exercise CREATES your deficit. Of course you wouldn't eat them back then. But if you already work with a deficit, the way you do on MFP, you can eat them. Maybe should, depending on your stats.
  • chasingskinny
    Options
    OMG, that's what I just did!!! lol I was starving at lunch and just could NOT stop eating!!! I took in like 660 calories at lunch time and still wanted more. So, I went and hopped on the treadmill for a 30 min Run/Walk, then followed it up with Tae Bo. I thought I was gonna need an ambulance to get me out of the room, but at least now I can eat dinner. :bigsmile:
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I do it too -- working out means I can totally have a cocktail or an extra snack or more goat cheese on my salad. ;) I always eat my exercise cals back... MFP calculates the weight loss deficit for you. If I don't eat them back I feel weak and poopy, and then it's harder to work out the next day.
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have found on MFP that the more I work out the more I can eat, and I love that!! Its actually pushing me to get two workouts a day in! One of which is 4 Fast Miles with Leslie Sansone, and the other is 30 Day Shred with Jillian Micheals. Is anyone else finding this out, that you feel less hungry when you workout more and eat more??

Those are exactly the same work outs I'm using. Can I request you as a friend?
    Bethany
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That has literally been the biggest revelation for me after joining MFP! Its so obvious and simple I can't believe I made it to 26 without figuring this out...

Just writing all this down is an eye opener every single day. Good or bad. Going on perception alone was not helping nearly as much. I made it to nearly 50 to find out what is really healthy and good for me. And what I thought was, was not always true.
  • R222
    R222 Posts: 13
    Options
    Do you like the 30 day shred? I have been doing the Last Chance Workout with Jillian for many months, but I feel it is getting a little too easy, even after adding more weights. I am looking for a DVD circuit type of training that I can do in about 30 minutes. Do you have any recommendations?
  • Gr8_body4life
    Options
    Do you like the 30 day shred? I have been doing the Last Chance Workout with Jillian for many months, but I feel it is getting a little too easy, even after adding more weights. I am looking for a DVD circuit type of training that I can do in about 30 minutes. Do you have any recommendations?

30 Day Shred is AWESOME!:happy: But of course she kicks your butt! I'm still on level 1, but with the push-ups (girly ones) I feel my arms getting soooo toned! I personally dont have any other dvd's by her, but i would get more in a heart beat!
    To answer your question about any recommendations, I dont have a lot of her style, but i do have Leslie Sansones' walking ones. Shes awesome too! I have her Walk Slim system(two that take 45 min, and one thats 30 min) that has "boosted walking" (which is really jogging). I sweat like crazy with this one! But it feels so good! Its more of a Cardio type workout but with the distance and time frame your moving around 5.3 mph!! Burns a LOT of calories!
    Good Luck