What I Hate About Losing Weight......

Options
It totally sucks that the more weight I lose the longer I have to work out to burn the same amount of calories! I so liked it when I was heftier and my usual workout would burn twice the amount of calories. Now I am stuck on the ellipitical for another 30 minutes just to be able to eat a stinkin Snickers. :grumble:

Replies

• WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    It totally sucks that the more weight I lose the longer I have to work out to burn the same amount of calories! I so liked it when I was heftier and my usual workout would burn twice the amount of calories. Now I am stuck on the ellipitical for another 30 minutes just to be able to eat a stinkin Snickers. :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    you just so made me want a snickers!!!! mmmmm...chocolate....
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I wondered if that happened. I work out the elliptical and only earn about a snickers, but my thought was that if I keep it up then I can work out harder in the future to earn the same calories. I can only do about 2 miles in a half hour now. I imagine that will go up when I get in better shape.

Keep up the good work! It sounds like you are doing everything right! :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I totally agree...to the point that I have really let my exercise go to the wayside...I even told my doctor that I know I am going to burnout if I keep working my butt off exercising knowing that I'm not burning any calories...she told me that she really doesn't want me to burnout and stop my new healthy lifestyle, so she asked me to at least walk my dog and do light to moderate activity...so that's what I did last week...the break was nice, but I think that maybe just taking that week off might jump start my calorie burn when I start up my workouts again...and I plan to...I know exercise is about more than calorie burn, so I just need to suck it up and find something I enjoy doing...
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ah, but if you truly liked it when you were heftier you wouldn't have come here in the first place :flowerforyou:
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! And now want a snickers.................I'm SO weak ...lol :smile:
  • MsLadybug
    Options
    I thought you were going to say something like, the weight is coming off my boobs before its coming off my belly (which has happened to me). lol
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OH, I soooo cant wait until I am complaining about this problem!!!:grumble:

:laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I thought you were going to say something like, the weight is coming off my boobs before its coming off my belly (which has happened to me). lol

Nope, I had my boobs surgically enhanced when I lost 23 pounds and then gained a lot of it back, but the girls are still going strong!:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

the boob one or the snickers one?:huh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

the boob one or the snickers one?:huh:

:laugh: :laugh: already have the boob problem:grumble:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when you get within your ten lb mark and your brain messes with you and says " just one won't hurt" then you just keep eating and it does!

I really hate it when you stop exercising and your weight stays where it has been for 3 months and then one day your scale explodes when you step on it. LOL