Diamonds in the Rough - 7 Week Challenge [Week 3]

Options
[Sorry, this challenge is now full! Please check back at the end of April for Round 2!]

Happy Week Three Diamonds!

Can you believe we are already starting our 3rd week! There must have been something in the air last week because there are several WINNING LOSERS to announce! Congratulations ladies!

Without further ado, lets applaud the following Diamonds:

ElleJay (ElleJay221) lost 1.6 pounds!
Stacy (catsdogsandkids) is down 1 pound. Let's wish her a rapid recovery as she is currently ill!
Fi (fifbox) stayed under her calorie count for 5/7 days AND exercised for 30 min 6/7 days... congrats to our new member!
Kathy (kkmark) is down 1 pound!
Falicia (morefitmom) lost 1 pound!
Sarah (satojekabe) lost an amazing 3.6 pounds!
Jamaica (karlajamaica) ...I'm down 1.5 pounds!

Didn't make it on the list this week? It happens! Let's try to ALL make it onto the list next week! Go Diamonds!

***Question of the Day*** [Inspired by the Livestrong Fitness Tip of the Day]

Being active is about more than hitting the gym or turning on a fitness video. How will you be more active this week?

My answer:

People always recommend parking further from your job and walking or refusing to take the elevator. Well, this week I'm going to actually do it! I am going to park a few blocks away and I will not use the elevator at all.

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- Write as much as possible when writing to your buddy and in the forum, we are in this together!
- Please MESSAGE me (karlajamaica) your weight LOSS on or before Monday of each week. Any day is fine.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday. So, look for “Diamonds in the Rough – Week 1” etc. each week.

Keep Shining Diamonds!
Jamaica

Team 1
Khalilah (bballgrrl34) – 11 lbs
Sarah (satojekabe) – 14.4 lbs

Team 2
Jamaica (karlajamaica) – 10 lbs
Trish (Jamgal78) – 14 lbs

Team 3
Erin (erin_weh) – 10.5 lbs
ElleJay (ElleJay221) – 10 lbs

Team 4
Kathy (kkmark) – 10 lbs
Falicia (morefitmom) – 10 lbs

Team 5
Jessica (Lailah28) – 15 lbs
Meri (mavila1978) – 15 lbs

Team 6
Shalon (Shallo) – 10-14 lbs
Emily/Em (Emilyanne6081) – 10-15 lbs

Team 7
Stacy (catsdogsandkids) – 10 lbs
Fi Fifibox - 1 kilo/wk (2.2 lbs/wk)

Team 8
Janice (jwill10) – 14 lbs
Katie (minimagic2700) – 15 lbs

Team 9
Sara (SAWyland) – 10 lbs
Steph (Robes) – 10 lbs

Team 10
Lanette (ladybug1037) – 10-15 lbs
Lyndsey (baypathgrad) – 10 lbs

Team 11
April (GoGettmGirl1419) – 12-15 lbs
Brittany (haydan7707) – 10 lbs

Replies

• jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    This week is supposed to be sunny and almost 50!!!! I am doing some much needed spring clean up in the yard, my rake and I are going to be best friends this week :happy:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of the losers this week!! Especially the BIGGEST LOSER SARAH! 3.6 lbs is very impressive. Now for the question of the day, how will I be more active this week. I will piggy back on a previous post. No elevator to go only a few floors this week. I will walk.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Way to go Sarah!!! That's my partner!!! She is doing big things. Way to go all the losers out there. Keep it up. For the rest of us, we will be on that list next week.

I am not sure how I will be more active this week. My roommate has a dog and she invites me to walk with them, but I always complain it is too cold. Maybe this time I will actually bundle up and go with them.
  • GoGettmGirl419
    Options
    Congrats Sara..I forgot to report my weight lost but my buddy and I both lost 2lbs this past week and I'm headed for another 2lb weight loss this week..I plan to walk on my lunch break in addtion to my normal workout routine.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to mark the post so I can come back to it later. On my phone right now!!

Thanks everyone! This was a very exciting weigh in for me this week! I'm getting close to the 170's!!! Yay!!

Congrats to everyone on the list! Great job!!

I'll be back later to answer the question. ;)
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow 3rd week
    Go Diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats to all of the losers !! SARAH! biggest looser 3.6 wow.
    Stacy - Hope you feel better

How will I be more active this week.
    I will try to walk atleast for 5-10 min after my lunch.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Way to go Diamonds! Yay Sarah - huge weightloss- you rock! Congrats to all of us!

It's supposed to be sunny most of the week up here in Ontario, so I am hoping to add a few walks with my youngest son this week - that usually makes being active a little more fun for me.... :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I changed my name. Wanted it to say my ACTUAL name, and satojekabe was too confusing and weird for people. LOL!

So, I was going to come back and answer the question, but I just don't know how to right now. I was going to say I wanted to add at least one, but shoot for two, 15 minute walks during my breaks at work. However, it looks like it's going to be a ridiculously rainy week! I managed one walk today, and it was drizzling the whole time, and I never felt like I warmed up/dried off after it, and then we had torrential downpours and flooding for the rest of the day! I'm hoping the rest of the week isn't so bad, because that's really the only way I can increase my activity. :)
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will be more active not only shooting for 4-5 miles a day walking but, also starting the 20 minute stretching-yoga routine that is one my to-do list.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Diamonds!

I am SO excited about the positive moves we are all making! I am feeling excited and energized about the start of April.

There have been a few changes in our teams, so please note the new list below. Also, a couple of congratulations are in order!

Congrats to April (GoGettmgirl419) who lost 2 pounds!
    Her partner, Brittany (haydan7707) also lost 2 pounds!
    Lyndsey (baypathgrad) maintained despite being on vacation! Go her!

...and once again congrats to our other ladies:

ElleJay (ElleJay221) lost 1.6 pounds!
    Stacy (catsdogsandkids) is down 1 pound. Let's wish her a rapid recovery as she is currently ill!
    Fi (fifbox) stayed under her calorie count for 5/7 days AND exercised for 30 min 6/7 days... congrats to our new member!
    Kathy (kkmark) is down 1 pound!
    Falicia (morefitmom) lost 1 pound!
    Sarah (satojekabe) lost an amazing 3.6 pounds!
    Jamaica (karlajamaica) ...I'm down 1.5 pounds!

What a list!

***Question of the Day***

There is nothing like listening to music while you work out. Admit it, sometimes your music choices aren't the coolest... What is your favorite workout music guilty pleasure?

My answer:

Brittney Spears - Womanizer. What can I say, it's upbeat and sassy! Lol.

Keep Shining Diamonds!

NEW Diamonds in the Rough Teams!

Team 1
    Khalilah (bballgrrl34) – 11 lbs
    Sarah (SarahRuth)– 14.4 lbs

Team 2
    Jamaica (karlajamaica) – 10 lbs
    Trish (Jamgal78) – 14 lbs

Team 3
    ElleJay (ElleJay221) – 10 lbs
    Lyndsey (baypathgrad) – 10 lbs

Team 4
    Kathy (kkmark) – 10 lbs
    Falicia (morefitmom) – 10 lbs

Team 5
    Jessica (Lailah28) – 15 lbs
    Meri (mavila1978) – 15 lbs

Team 6
    Shalon (Shallo) – 10-14 lbs
    Emily/Em (Emilyanne6081) – 10-15 lbs

Team 7
    Stacy (catsdogsandkids) – 10 lbs
    Fi Fifibox - 1 kilo/wk (2.2 lbs/wk)

Team 8
    Janice (jwill10) – 14 lbs
    Katie (minimagic2700) – 15 lbs

Team 9
    Sara (SAWyland) – 10 lbs
    Steph (Robes) – 10 lbs

Team 10
    April (GoGettmGirl1419) – 12-15 lbs
    Brittany (haydan7707) – 10 lbs
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Hahaha!!! You'll probably laugh at me for these songs. What can I say, I kinda like goofy music! LOL
    1. Coin-Operated Boy by The Dresden Dolls
    2. Still Alive by GLaDOS & Jonathan Coulton. This is actually the song that plays at the end of the video game Portal, which I LOVE!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    @SarahRuth - I had to look up those songs, but I luved Coin Operated Boy! ...but I don't get how you can work out to it since it's not that fast. Or maybe I'm the only one who needs to get the musical equivalent of caffeine to get myself going.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Usually I do listen to more fast paced songs to get me moving, but some songs I just love so much that I can just sing along, focus on the music, and almost forget I'm working out.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Please note my username change! xoxo

Jamaica
  • bballgrrl34
    Options
    How is everyone doing today?

I hope everyone has a great and healthy day. I am really trying to focus on my portion control and eating only when hungry.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Happy April Diamonds!

Question of the Day:

What is/are your biggest goal(s) for this month?

My answer:

My goals are to lose a minimum of 6 pounds, to work out twice daily (6 days), and to focus on my spiritual journey in fitness.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Diamonds! You should all have received an email from me (or be receiving one soon). If not, please read below and MESSAGE me your reply! Thanks!

Hey Diamonds,

I am writing to you all (no small task) to confirm that you are each still ACTIVE members of the Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge. If you are interested in taking part in week 4, please ask yourself the following questions:

- Have you been communicating with your partner and the other Diamonds?
    - Are you still committed to meeting the fitness goals you set for yourself?
    - Have you been sending in you weigh-ins?

We still love you and understand if you don't have the time/energy to commit to Diamonds. We invite you to join again for Round 2 at the end of the month.

If you ARE still committed, please REPLY to this message with a YES! If not, do nothing! The revised Diamonds in the Rough list will be posted on Monday.

Keep Shining!

Jamaica
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hey Diamonds,

My goals for this month is simply to keep doing what I am doing now. I want to finish my 30 day shred and be able to work my way to level 2 soon. Since me and my partner Kathy are doing it together, I have someone to help me stay on track.

Happy Friday everyone:drinker:
  • bballgrrl34
    Options
    My goals for the month are to really focus on portion control. Stay focused when I visit DC for informational interviews. I also would love to get below 175. So, that would mean losing 6 lbs. I want to also continue building my confidence.

Wow those are a lot of goals. I think I can do them as long as I remember that I am setting these goals for myself.

Alright! Off to the gym to really try and reach the goal of losing 6 lbs.

Have a great day everyone!
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hello Diamonds!

Please remember to send in your weigh-in before the start of next week! I want to give you all your CREDIT! Happy slimming!

Jamaica