Whats a good way to burn 600 cals a day?

Options
Soooo what is it? What is it? I'll give you flowers if you tell me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nikharyati
    Options
    1 1/4hour jogging (at around 6km/h)... i can only do 1/2 hour and burn about 250 cals
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Exercise doing something you enjoy. There's no easy way to do this other than just get out and be active. It's spring time, walk, jog, bike, hike, swim, garden, houseclean, workout videos, lift weights, sports etc.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that what I burn in an hour of jogging is not going to be the same as what you or anyone else burns in an hour. Your weight, age, height, and sex are all primary factors in determining the rate by which you burn calories.

A 5k run for me, may burn 600 calories, but for someone of the opposite sex, and half my weight, may only burn 250 calories.
  • kinda1462
    kinda1462 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeah thats a pretty good point! :) Thanks 4 your help!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    1 1/4hour jogging (at around 6km/h)... i can only do 1/2 hour and burn about 250 cals

I'm 5'2, 115lbs and currently burn about 650 calories in a 10km run (approximately 60 minutes) plus cooldown time. I also burn pretty big from bicycling - helps to keep speed above 20-25km/h or over varied terrain. I live in a very hilly city so cycling for about an hour will also burn about 600 calories for me.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    an hour of general breaststroke in the pool will burn 700+ for me....im 5'3" 28 and average build :)

best wishes with finding something you enjoy :)
    Kirstie xx
  • Jouquetta
    Jouquetta Posts: 20
    Options
    I live in Alaska so we still have snow, but I like to snowshoe & cross country still. I can easily rack up 600 in an hr or less. You can probably duplicate it with a steady pace on an elliptical or gazelle.
  • cutemorena85
    Options
    cycling class
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hockey!
  • bdgstone1
    bdgstone1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hit the heavy bag for an hour. 1000 kcals...you gotta work up to it but once you're there its a good full body cardio work out.

4332622.png
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    about 1hour full throttle on elliptical for me
  • TorileeA
    TorileeA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you know of zumba but it's an awesome fun way!! An hour burns anywhere from 300-600 calories :) u can get it on DVD wii ps3 xbox or take classes
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    one hour of Zumba will burn anywhere from 500-800 calories for me. and it is sooo much fun!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I burn about 100 cals in 10 mins walking at 9 mins per km pace, so basically a brisk walk for an hour will burn 600.

I normally only do 30-45 mins per day, and a bit more at weekends.

Breaking into a run will burn more, but I have back trouble so need to minimise impact.

Burn rate does depend on gender/age/weight; I'm still quite big/heavy so my burn rate is likely to be greater than yours.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 133 lbs and I hit 600+ on my HRM when I do my runs. I do 60 minutes varying the incline from 1.5 to 3.5 or so and speeds of 5.5mph to 6mph.
  • nettyft10
    nettyft10 Posts: 29
    Options
    hi,I don't enjoy running or jogging but I do enjoy swimming and I burn around 700 calories an hour(breaststroke) and I swim for 2 hrs a week and hopefully I will start to see some results soon.
    my advice is to do any exercise that you enjoy.
    keep it up!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Spring is here. Pull out that old bicycle and jump on! I use mine to commute and to run small errands.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i can burn roughly 800 on an average good day of zumba for 50-60 minutes. and it's SO.MUCH.FUN!!!
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I can burn 600 cals or more doing about 2 hours of walking. Depends on if I do any jogging during the walk as to how long I need to walk to burn that 600.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    for me right now it's 2 hours of rollerblading :-)

MM