Low Carber browsing community tonight.....scary

Options
Is it me or has anyone else who is Low Carb noticed the stresses of the the Low Cal/Low Fat way of eating here.....stressing over calories in and calories out, do you eat your exercise cals or don't you......Oh poop I am over my calories...I notice now eating low carb all these issues are gone am I the only one ??? I see all of the people in forums just stressing themselves out and think I was one of them.....wow...I do not miss that part of counting calories AT ALL.....

Replies

• Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I still track my calories in/out, but I have discovered that cutting back on the carbs and adding extra protein has made a huge difference. I still eat carbs, but for me the extra protein keeps me from being hungry all the time. It may sound strange, but I feel more "balanced."

I am glad you found the key to your success. You are right, this process should not make us crazy or cause stress.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I still track my calories in/out, but I have discovered that cutting back on the carbs and adding extra protein has made a huge difference. I still eat carbs, but for me the extra protein keeps me from being hungry all the time. It may sound strange, but I feel more "balanced."

I am glad you found the key to your success. You are right, this process should not make us crazy or cause stress.

Yes.....what you said!

When I first started MFP in 2008 I counted cals and worked almost the whole day trying to maintain my under 1200 cals goal......IT SUCKED. It was not my idea to go low carb, but I am sure glad I did...none of the old worries anymore...just track that fat and carb section....whew.
  • pinksoldier
    Options
    i see a lot of people, especially women, going right to the 1200 cal/day plan. i tried that at first, but it just wans't working out with i needed to be eating for my exercise. i switched it to 1400 cal/day plan and added more protein for that extra 200 cal/day and have seen awesome results. i still have my carbs in the morning for breakfast and lunch, but try to remain protein strong in the afternoon/evenings.
    good luck to you!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    I agree with you that tracking calories isn't something that should be stressed over to the point of...well, missing the point! But as for those on 1200 calorie plans stressing about exercise cals and how to stay under their limit - go easy. A lot of these people are completely new to dieting or eating healthily and put all their faith in MFP. I was one of those people. I signed up to this website, I wanted to lose 2lbs per week, I did what it told me to do which was consume 1200 calories. In hindsight, it wasn't the best thing for me, it was far too low. Like you, I've seen much better results not tracking my calories so ferociously but instead eating when I'm hungry and focusing more on nutrients, however it took me a while to get to this point. I think we should be a little more supportive of those who are still trying to figure out what's right for them.