Who's that skinny girl!?

Options
I went to my Hula Hooping Aerobic class last night (which btw if you have one in your area is soooo much fun and burns over 500 calories a class) and there's a big mirror at the front of the class. But there are a lot of fans in front as well so if you're in the back row you can't see a lot of people from the shoulders up. So I was doing my thing and caught a glimpse of someone in the mirror and thought "Who's that skinny girl!? She's got great legs!" Then I realized it was me. This may sound silly and vain, but I have had such issues with seeing my progress in the mirror because I'm so used to focusing on the negative stuff. Apparently, in all actuality I don't even recognize my body anymore and if someone else had my body I would think they look fantastic. This is a huge mental victory for me, and I just thought I'd share.

Replies

• LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I went to my Hula Hooping Aerobic class last night (which btw if you have one in your area is soooo much fun and burns over 500 calories a class) and there's a big mirror at the front of the class. But there are a lot of fans in front as well so if you're in the back row you can't see a lot of people from the shoulders up. So I was doing my thing and caught a glimpse of someone in the mirror and thought "Who's that skinny girl!? She's got great legs!" Then I realized it was me. This may sound silly and vain, but I have had such issues with seeing my progress in the mirror because I'm so used to focusing on the negative stuff. Apparently, in all actuality I don't even recognize my body anymore and if someone else had my body I would think they look fantastic. This is a huge mental victory for me, and I just thought I'd share.

Take a Bow !!!!!!!! x
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! :bigsmile:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS!!)) Well Done!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is a huge success!! Finally, you can view yourself as the rest of the world does! YAY for you!!
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am really excited for you and I don't know you!!! I know that feeling. I have had that happen to me as well. Good job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!! You SHOULD be proud of your hard work - and I'm so thrilled that you're seeing the results of that!!
  • NorasNana
    NorasNana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YAY for the skinny girl with the great legs and the hoola hoop skills! Go buy yourself a big tall pair of heels and strut your stuff! :)
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    That's great! Good for you!!
  • binsylad
    binsylad Posts: 99
    Options
    Well done, Your efforts are paying off.

NOW KEEP IT UP lol!!!

Mike / UK
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!!!! Your hard work is paying off!:flowerforyou:
  • meld603
    meld603 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow. What a wonderful post. Great job!

PS. Sounds like a fun class! I'll have to check one out :smile:
  • gallegosmagaly
    Options
    That is fantastic keep up the good work. I noticed that you have lost what my goal is to loose how did you accomplish it and how long has it taken you?
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thats great ! Your hard work is paying off thats for sure !
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    *thunderous applause heard all over MFP* Awesome!!! You SHOULD feel proud. It isn't vanity. It is being proud of all your hard effort. WTG! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I believe that for most people the way they look is 50% diet and 50% mental (How they see themselves)

It's really hard to get beyond how you perceive yourself and really actually look at yourself through someone else's eyes.

Great Victory! Congratulations! You are doing it!:bigsmile:
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've done that too! I've seen pictures of myself on Facebook that other people post and it'll be catching me from behind and I'll think, "Wow! I wonder how long it'll be until I look like that!" and I realise it IS me(:
    It's an amazing feeling, and it really shows how hard you're working and that you need to step back and admire your work every once in awhile(:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    WooHooo!!!! That is awesome!!! Must have been an amazing feeling! Good for you girl!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nothing vain about it. You gotta be confident and love yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!