30 day shred group

Options
this is a group for people who want some support from others who are doing the 30 day shred. i personally am starting the 30 day shred this friday (april 1st,2011). i will post here every day that i do the shred. as far as i know most people log it in as circut training, general. and that's what i will be logging it in as. anyone is welcome to join in the journey and of course you are also welcome to friend me too :)

ok so here is a little info so you can get to know me.
my name is michelle, i am 33 years old. right now i weigh 181 pounds (stupid TOM,lol). i am 4'11" so the weight looks bad on me. i've been on MFP since aug 2010 and had lost almost 20 pounds, due to some very stressful times i have put almost all that weight back on. i am going away for a week and a half in july and again for 7 days in september. i NEED to loose this weight and sometimes i need a kick in the butt to get started,lol.

i will post my measurements later on today or tomorrow.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You will love the shred! I have completed it. I am waiting for her new one to come in the mail. Ripped in 30. If I get in time I would love to join you!!!
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in with you. I have never done it before and only heard about it on this site but very often! How do I measure properly?
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3. I weigh 133lbs suppsed to weigh to have a healthy BMI 105-115.
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in with you. I have never done it before and only heard about it on this site but very often! How do I measure properly?

to be honest this will be the first time i measure myself. i am only measuring my chest,weight and hips.....i'm going to get the hubby to measure me with a measuring tape after he gets home from work,lol
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of shreading however stupidly.. I only did measurments today. but count me in :) i would also like to ask what weights every1 uses. I am using 1.5 kg dumbells at present but am thinking about trying 3 or 5kg for a bit of an extra push. My cardio is SOOOOOOO bad!!! S xx
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to jump start your weight loss and get those inches down. I completed it twice before (including Jan-Feb of this year). I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and at the end of week 3 out of 4. Excited to see the inches go down and I incorporate 30 Day Shred when I can usually level 2 or 3 weekly.

For 30 Day Shred I started with 3-5 lbs now I use 8 lbs mostly. I use a HRM to calculate my calories burned (which vary per workout) or you can choose circuit training in the database which is usually a lower calorie burn.
  • michelletr
    Options
    oh my gosh...i didn't think there would be too much interest in this, but welcome to you guys :)
  • mdhobson
    mdhobson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Question: what is the 30 day shred..is that a plan or exercise? ~ Good luck with your progress, we are all rooting for you. :smile:
  • michelletr
    Options
    I am on day 4 of shreading however stupidly.. I only did measurments today. but count me in :) i would also like to ask what weights every1 uses. I am using 1.5 kg dumbells at present but am thinking about trying 3 or 5kg for a bit of an extra push. My cardio is SOOOOOOO bad!!! S xx

i have 5lb weights
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just started level 1 yesterday! I like it so far. It's challenging but in a good way. It's definitely a better work out then what I was getting before at the gym by myself.

~ Joanna
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    HI!! I just got my 30 Day Shred in the mail yesterday and will start using it this evening after work. I popped it in my laptop last night to get an idea of what I'd be doing. I don't think it will kill me. Kick my butt, yes....lol. I also got 3 other Jillian DVD's that I hope to work into my days too. Keep it changed up a bit.
    My story, in short;

My name is Melissa and I am 35 years old. I have been with MFP for almost a month now and have only lost 4 pounds. :angry: I am currently at 176 with a 5'4" frame. Not a good look for me. About 5ish years ago, I was at a weight that I was very happy with...150. I would like to get down to around 130 because I plan on quitting smoking at some point and am afraid of the typical gain while qutting. I have gained 30ish pounds within the last 5 years and just am not happy with the way I look and feel so I decided to finally do something about it!! Good luck to all you Shredders out there!!!:happy:
  • michelletr
    Options
    Question: what is the 30 day shred..is that a plan or exercise? ~ Good luck with your progress, we are all rooting for you. :smile:

it a workout dvd from the biggest loser's jillian michaels. and thank you :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Started it yesterday so count me in!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    awesome i'm in!
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Also, how heavy of weights do you use? i've not been sore yet and i was using 5lb ankle weights (holding them) but they dont seem to work hard enough
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I have had the DVD for over a month now and I haven't done it once! Starting April 1st is perfect since I leave for Cuba on April 30th!! :) I am definitely down to do this challenge :)

A little about myself...

I'm Shannon, I'm 21 years old and currently weigh 157. I signed up for MFP about a week ago. I have lost 30 pounds on my own and have the last few pounds to go. I think doing the 30 day shred will be a great addition to help get the last 7 lbs off! :)
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to make myself do the 30 day shred since it came in the mail a few weeks ago...then I went out of town and that threw me off my entire plan, eating and exercise...I'm also very short(or petite, if being called short bothers you...lol...) at 5 feet even and 5 pound weight gain looks different on me than it would on someone taller than me....I'm almost 28....currently at 148 lbs....
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    someone asked about weights. I chose 3lbs which I thought would be a bit wimpy. But, based on how my arms feel today - it was a good starting place! ow! I took measurements and weighed in yesterday. Ill do both on mondays and see what happens. cant wait to see us all shrink!
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in--I've never done it for the whole 30 days, but I have been doing it on and off for months.
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I restarted yesterday. Count me in. I will take my measurements later today.