For Those Who Have Completed the 30 Day Shred...

Options
What kind of results did you have once you finished it for the first time? (BTW, congrats for finishing it!! :)!!
Weight loss? How many inches?

I've been using the elliptical a few times a week (I like the elliptical as I have knee problems) and in combination with eating healthy, have lost over 20 pounds. I have about 10 to go. I haven't been doing anything really with weights, or anything like that (I know you need to build muscle to burn calories, etc etc, but I've been incredibly lazy on that part) so it's been pretty much just the elliptical.

I was wondering what kind of results you had when you finished the program so I can determine if this would be a good method for myself to get toned! :)

Thank you for your help!!

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I didn't loose much because I was maintaining at the time, but I lost inches from everywhere! Its a great program and I can't recommend it highly enough.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have completed the program... lost about 7lbs. A couple inches. But I had to modify lots of the moves. I am planning on doing it again once I drop more weight. I loved the video. When I was doing it I should have incorporated more cardio and maybe would have seen more of a difference since I had to modify.
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I only finished the first level, but I could already see and feel my muscles getting toned. My thighs got smaller and even though I couldn't see my abs for all the stomach fat, I could tell they were getting stronger. It also helped speed up my weight loss. (which is why I'm starting it again this week)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I still have three more days of the 30 day shred!!! My last day is March 31st. I did it for 30 days....I got a stomach bug so I missed one day.....that's why the 31st is my last day!!!

Level one I lost over 5 inches (arms, chest, waist and thighs)
    Level two I lost another 5 inches (arms, chest, thighs, calves)
    Don't know about level 3....I will measure April 1st!!!

I have not lost any weight......but I can tell I am smaller!!!

It gets results.....good luck to you!!!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I lost about 18 during the 30 day shred - and YES I ate my cals. I was also walking a couple times a week and drinking a lot of water. I can't remember how many inches, but I know I saw a difference!!! I used 5lb weights.

I'm about to start it again!!!!
  • sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    no pounds were lost but the inches lost and strength gained made up for it! Good Luck!
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2. I can feel every muscle in my body. Something has to be working if I feel like this (and I only used 3lb weights)! I admit I am lacking in upper body strength, but my legs are solid and even they are super sore. I recommend it!
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow - fantastic, and thank you so much for all of your responses and sharing your success stories!! I'm definitely quite frightened to do this, but I think this is what I need... to try something new and challenging!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I went from zero exercise (apart from walking the dog) to the 30 day shred and although it is quite tough to start with I got fit in no time - I could feel muscles in my arms after the first week. Once I did the 30 days I stopped for a few months, but went back to level 3 yesterday and was able to do it as if I'd never stopped, although I did feel a bit sore today!

It is the best workout DVD I've ever done - it is simple, effective and it takes just 25 minutes :-)
  • jenbcp
    jenbcp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I only lost two pounds during the month, but I agree with other posters who said that they noticed a serious difference in the way they felt. I am SO much stronger than I was when I started it. The first few days I was sore, and had a really tough time completing any of the circuits. I kept with it, and I’m glad I did. I didn’t take my measurements because I have a tendency to get caught up on a certain number, and I didn’t want to discourage myself.

My pants are definitely looser in the thigh, and my boyfriend even said he could tell there was more definition in my arms. Something else I got out of this which was even more important than the physical aspect, was what I learned mentally.

(1) Because I had to work out every single day, this meant doing it even when I had plans, was tired, had a long day at work, or didn’t feel well. I realized that I didn’t work out because I made excuses, not because I genuinely couldn’t.
    (2) Working out for 30 days in a row kind of got me addicted to fitness. I look forward to doing something that challenges me, and I feel strange when I don’t work out.
    (3) I learned my body can do more than what I thought it could.

Best of luck to all of you who are starting on your 30 Day Shred journey!