You Might Be a Gym Rat If....

Options
So my husband and friends say that I am started to exhibit Gym Rat qualities....lol...what are yours..

I say you might be a gym rat if

...You keep your Gym Bag ready at all times, like a fireman
...You have favorite Gym Clothes
...You know all the trainers by name and schedule
...You have Gym gossip, like office gossip.
....You schedule appointments around workouts

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but I love hearing gym stories! :wink:
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If the card scanner person knows you by name...guilty.
  • Heather0611
    Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love this! Mine is....

~ if for your birthday this year you only asked for gym clothes and a HRM :happy:
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I believe your a gym rat .... if you
    never miss, they know you by name and if your not there they are calling or email to check on you!!
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    The girl at the front desk knows your card number by heart.
    You keep you workout gear in the car!
    You feel guilty if you miss one day!
    Your family thinks you've gone overboard.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Love this! Mine is....

~ if for your birthday this year you only asked for gym clothes and a HRM :happy:

Love it! I just did the same thing! :laugh:
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    if you start to recognize gym people outside of gym...at Dunkin Donuts, Stop & Shop, Mall, CVS, the T
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Not a gymrat, but definitley a fitness rat!

The only clothes that seem to circulate through the laundry are my work uniforms and work out clothes.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    So my husband and friends say that I am started to exhibit Gym Rat qualities....lol...what are yours..

I say you might be a gym rat if

...You keep your Gym Bag ready at all times, like a fireman
    ...You have favorite Gym Clothes
    ...You know all the trainers by name and schedule
    ...You have Gym gossip, like office gossip.
    ....You schedule appointments around workouts

Uh oh I fit into 3/5 of the categories. It's my gym at work and rarely anyone talks to each other they actually try to avoid you. But OMG I will wash my favorite gym clothes twice a week to wear them again!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    ...When you help spot random strangers who are lifting, just so you can encourage them to get the hell off so you can have the bench all to yourself.

...When you have a dedicated section at the gym that you routinely hit on specific days and throw a *kitten* fit when some random yahoo is on your machine.

...When you mentally assess the incorrect form of people performing their routines.

...When you go so much that the staff starts asking if you want to become an employee.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a gym rat!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You might be a gym rat if...even your children start crying when they think they won't see their friends in the play room at the gym. This happened today, left the house for the gym got part way and realized I didn't have my phone which has the music so turned around and went back. I pull in the driveway and open the garage and my youngest starts crying "I wanna go to exercise"! It took a minute to assure her that yes we are going I just forgot something.

Also guilty of having favorite workout clothes, it's about all I wash of mine in the laundry. I suffer withdraw symptoms when I'm not there and yes most trainers know me by name and the girl at the front desk too...oh well as far as vices go this is a good one to have.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i am such a gym rat!! everything you said is so me LOL gym gossip LOL
    i keep a pair of running shoes in the trunk JUST IN CASE!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i am such a gym rat!! everything you said is so me LOL gym gossip LOL
    i keep a pair of running shoes in the trunk JUST IN CASE!
    also having a heart attack when i thought i didn't put my gym clothes in the dryer... turns i out i had some on reserve for "emergencies" haha sad!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged
  • Angielova
    Angielova Posts: 23
    Options
    love this post:) lol
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Not a gymrat, but definitley a fitness rat!

The only clothes that seem to circulate through the laundry are my work uniforms and work out clothes.

Thaaaat's me... I get bored at the gym, but I'm constantly out running stairs, hills, lunging through the streets in my neighborhood lol
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Good Gym story you may ask....WELLLLLL my boyfriend was doing pull ups and the machine he does them on is near the Men's Locker Room and the Locker Room has walls' that do not go up all the way to the ceiling...so may be 6-10 inch gap....So there he is, iPod on, doing his pull ups....1 Pull Up, 2 Pull Up...glances into the Locker Room and OH EM GEEEE - nakked old dude with all the uglies hanging out! Yep, poor bf is traumatized and will not do pull ups any longer. Oh yea and his usually bigger then life appetite was lost that night BWAHAHAHAHA
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm such a gym rat!!! I think I know all the people that work there lol
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!! Definitely true!