TACO BELL

Options
Be honest! I know I'm not the only one who still eats there on occasion!! ... Or am I? Lol it's hard to give up when you're broke as hell & they have some cheap semi low-cal options. 99 cent chicken burrito has just over 300 calories & fills you up. 99 cent crunchy taco has 170 calories & even less if you get it fresco style. When I'm being bad I'll get a 500+ calorie mexican pizza for a couple bucks ;) Soo good. Anyone else?? Am I alone?! LOL!

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to T-Bell for at least 10 years, maybe longer.:wink:
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I wish I could overcome my addiction!!! >____<
  • michelletyler38
    Options
    OMG!!! I wish I could overcome my addiction!!! >____<
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I hadn't been there for months and I mean months but I'm eating a fresco chicken taco as I type this!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to any fast food resturant in over three years (where I bought food for me).
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can make Taco Bell food at home much healthier and cheaper too :) Drive away from the drive-thru ;)
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    Agree with the previous poster! You can get the taco seasoning from Taco Bell at the grocery store and make your own...for not too much money, either! I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat them but I make them for my hubby. With the really lean meat and lettuce, tomato...not so bad!
  • michelletyler38
    Options
    Cheaper?! Please teach me how! :) And keep in mind I cook for one ;) I really haven't been able to beat a 99 cent dinner :/
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i eat there about once a week ;) i only order soft chicken fresco tacos that are 150 calories though....i mean, if im burning 600 to 700 at the gym that day its like i never even consumed those tacos, right? i hope so. haha.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    LOL sorry taco bell got me how I was before so I have not been there since I started my change!!...but I do miss it:laugh:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like thier al fresco chicken soft taco, its 160 cal..not bad at all
  • heathersouthern09
    Options
    I dont think thould would be cheaper if your just cooking for one.. and NO ur not the only one i got there sometimes but i dont make it a habbit! If i stoped eating everything I like I would get bored and just stay fat! I eat the sames things i always have just smaller portions and less often
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cheaper?! Please teach me how! :) And keep in mind I cook for one ;) I really haven't been able to beat a 99 cent dinner :/

You can get a package of ground turkey (or beef), a package of taco seasoning and a package of tortilla shells for probably $6. You are going to get a lot more than 6 tacos out of your homemade than you would at TB AND it is going to be better for you :) Plus, once you make the ground meat taco mix, you can freeze it in little baggies and just pull out what you want to use for that day. And tortillas last FOREVER in the fridge. Good luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I loves me some "taco hell". I have a free day once a week and that is frequently my lunch choice. I am not going to deprive myself, everything in moderation. Having it a couple times a month satisfies the cravings and helps me stay on track. Since I've been eating healthy I can't eat nearly as much as I used to anyway so its not an all out food fest anyway, just enough.
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    Options
    I still hit the Mcdonalds drive through and choose lower calorie healthier options on the go, sometimes making food at home just isnt an option no matter how cheaply it can be done....I usually get a grilled chicken chipoltle wrap and the fruit and yogurt, both come in at around 440 calories and fill me up.... dont beat yourself up over it, as long as you are watching what you eat the rest of the day and sticking to your goals...
  • amy29fan
    amy29fan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just ate 2 of the fresca chicken soft tacos....Yum! And not terrible on the charts.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This may help you - remember that Taco Bell has been criticized for all the "mystery" fillers they use in their food. There is a REASON it is so cheap to eat there.

You won't notice the additives though because they slather everything with a fatty mixture of guacamole and sour cream. You can't even fantasize that the minimally trained, minimum-wage staff making your meal is going to adhere to the clinically measured meal sample. Your portion likely has double the dose of those toppings. If you want a Schmorgasbord of chemical additives and food look-a-likes, this place is heaven.

If you must eat on the run on the cheap, at least at Subway you can recognize and control which items go into your meal.

Hope this helps with your cravings!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options

You can get a package of ground turkey (or beef), a package of taco seasoning and a package of tortilla shells for probably $6. You are going to get a lot more than 6 tacos out of your homemade than you would at TB AND it is going to be better for you :) Plus, once you make the ground meat taco mix, you can freeze it in little baggies and just pull out what you want to use for that day. And tortillas last FOREVER in the fridge. Good luck!

You would also need lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and possibly sour cream or salsa to match a taco bell taco. It is hard to beat their economies of scale when cooking for yourself.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I actually make it a point to learn the better choices at fast food joints because I work too many hours and want to actually spend time with my kids. I eat fast food at least once a week still. My weight loss isn't slow either 12.4lbs in 2 weeks. I'm ALWAYS between 1200-1500 calories a day and way under my fat and carb allowences for the day. I don't see a problem with it.
  • michelletyler38
    Options

Awesome!!! You rock!!! Will try :)