Has to be one of the stupidest things I've done yet...

Options
So, I had some extra Cals this evening and decided to have some ice cream.

Well, the easiest place to set the ice cream while scooping is the stove. The oven was on so I set my hand down to see how hot that had made the surface. What I didn't know was the the burner had JUST BEEN TURNED OFF.

OUCHIES!!

:embarassed:

I didn't think to look for the hot surface light...I don't think I'll make that mistake again.

Luckily it's not too bad. Just a little painful.

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    So, I had some extra Cals this evening and decided to have some ice cream.

Well, the easiest place to set the ice cream while scooping is the stove. The oven was on so I set my hand down to see how hot that had made the surface. What I didn't know was the the burner had JUST BEEN TURNED OFF.

OUCHIES!!

:embarassed:

I didn't think to look for the hot surface light...I don't think I'll make that mistake again.

Luckily it's not too bad. Just a little painful.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    cool water.

ouch! poor baby.:cry:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Put honey on it! That's what my mama always put on us when we burned ourselves..

I had a pizza oven door fall open on my arm when I was 16 I still have a scar from it, but we put honey on it too and it helped it stop hurting a lot...
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    OUCH!!!! I'm sowwie. I heard about the honey thing. Let us know if that works...Get better girl.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    put the ice cream on it.

oh wait.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    put the ice cream on it.

oh wait.

HA! :laugh:
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :cry: Oh my gosh! I hope you took good care of it medically!:cry:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I tried the honey, it didn't help really. I also tried a little aloe cream, that seemed to help a little.

It really doesn't hurt much when I'm sitting up or standing, only when I lie down.

BOY does it hurt when I lie down. :frown:

I really wanna go to sleep but I just can't ignore the pain. I took a couple asprin, so I'm hoping maybe that will help.

I just feel so stupid, and sad now. :grumble:

I know it could be worse though! And I'm sure it will start feeling better tomorrow, I just need to get through tonight.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: sweetie, I hope your feeling better today.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    My hand does feel a lot better today. I think last night was the worst of it, shoud be uphill from here.

I finally got to sleep around 3:30am. I don't know if it was because the pain had subsided enough ( I did take some acetaminophen), or if I was just that exhausted! lol

I'm just glad I didn't have to go anywhere this morning. :laugh: I was (still am) a little dead on my feet.
  • mamajones
    Options
    I hope the burn feels better today. :flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Oh, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better today! :flowerforyou:

Never heard of the honey thing, but I do know that mustard on a burn helps. Cools it down right away.

It doesn't hurt to type? :huh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    OWIE! I melted plastic grocery bags to a stove top that way one time.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Thanks guys!

soup78: Actually, it doesn't really hurt to type at all. It mostly just hurts to wrap my hand around something or make a fist.