P90X workout

Options
This has probably been asked, but the search feature produced too many results.

How do you know what DVD to use? Do you just pick one and go? How do you know if you're doing too much of 1 DVD and not enough of others?

Replies

• kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Google P90x schedule... It will give you a breakdown week by week of what workouts you are supposed to do on what day.
  • thebodach1
    Options
    Google P90x schedule... It will give you a breakdown week by week of what workouts you are supposed to do on what day.

Thanks. I'm looking into buying the program, but didn't know how the system worked.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There is a specific schedule

Mon - Chest and Back
    Tue - Plyometrics
    Wed - Arms and Shoulders
    Thur - Yoga X
    Friday - Legs and Back
    Saturday - Kenpo

That is the routine for the first 3 weeks.
    I am in the middle of week 2 - feel free to friend me if you would like a buddy!
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    When you purchase the program through Beachbody, the schedule comes with the program so there's no guessing.
  • clpolk1
    clpolk1 Posts: 27
    Options
    This program is well worth the money. I am in week 7 and I am not seeing much results yet but I am being patient. I think it takes woman longer..?..lol This workout is NOT boring and that is what keeps me going! Good Luck
  • thebodach1
    Options
    When you purchase the program through Beachbody, the schedule comes with the program so there's no guessing.

Thank you. Although I'm probably going to purchase it through Amazon because it's a little cheaper. Hopefully the schedule will be included.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    When you get the program...there are three different types of workouts. There is the classic workout series, the lean program and the doubles workout. The guide that comes with the book will explain all of them in detail.

I am on week #3, day 2. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck to you!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    There is a specific schedule

Mon - Chest and Back
    Tue - Plyometrics
    Wed - Arms and Shoulders
    Thur - Yoga X
    Friday - Legs and Back
    Saturday - Kenpo

That is the routine for the first 3 weeks.
    I am in the middle of week 2 - feel free to friend me if you would like a buddy!

There's also a 'Lean' version
    The first 3 weeks look like this:
    Weeks 1-3:
    Day 1 – Core Synergistics
    Day 2 – Cardio X
    Day 3 – Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 - Yoga X
    Day 5 – Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X
    Day 6 – Kenpo X
    Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

Good luck!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Thank you. Although I'm probably going to purchase it through Amazon because it's a little cheaper. Hopefully the schedule will be included.

Not sure why people continue to take short cuts when it comes to their health. I mean come on people it's your body and it's the only 1 you got. Why is it people are more then willing to pay 300-800 or more for the next igadget, but when it comes to their health "oh let's find the cheapest way". This way when you quit, you won't feel guilty about spending to much....

Sorry end of rant.
  • thebodach1
    Options

Not sure why people continue to take short cuts when it comes to their health. I mean come on people it's your body and it's the only 1 you got. Why is it people are more then willing to pay 300-800 or more for the next igadget, but when it comes to their health "oh let's find the cheapest way". This way when you quit, you won't feel guilty about spending to much....

Sorry end of rant.

lol WTF? Saving a few bucks from Amazon hardly constitutes "taking a shortcut". Guess I'm a little more careful about my money than you. What other short cut have I mentioned? Don't be so quick to judge.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They're only ranting because then they don't make money off of you if you buy from Amazon or Craigslist or something instead.

*end of my rant*
  • thebodach1
    Options
    They're only ranting because then they don't make money off of you if you buy from Amazon or Craigslist or something instead.

*end of my rant*

Probably or just being an annoying forum troll.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options

Sorry end of rant.

So people with limited income should forget about fitness? The people who are buying their fitness things off amazon or craigslist probably don't have the $300-800 i gadgets either, or if they do, they were probably also bought cheaper (either on sale or used) Saving money isn't a short cut, its most often necessary and smart with the shape of the economy.

I personally bought my p90x off craigslist, and I'm terribly sorry that you didn't get profit off of it... The person who wasn't using it should have probably just thrown it away so I'd have to buy a new version. That would put money in your pocket along with more garbage in a landfill. :huh:

By the way, do you buy your fruits and veggies at a grocery store - or do you have your own farm? And what about your beef chicken and pork, do you slaughter and process your own? Aren't those both considered 'short cuts' when you think about it?

That is all.
  • Stooooo
    Options

*end of my rant*

Probably or just being an annoying forum troll.

First of all my rant has nothing to do with making a penny. It has to do with people who buy it from those other sites and then either complain that it didn't come with everything it was suppose to, complain when one of the discs doesn't work, or complain when they don't get the results that they thought they would because they didn't follow the program as designed because it didn't come with everything.

As far as being a troll, I have been here at mfp quite a while and have built up a reputation of being someone who is helpful and has made a lot of friends. I am merely starting my opinion. This is a discussion forum is it not?
  • Stooooo
    Options

Sorry end of rant.

So people with limited income should forget about fitness? The people who are buying their fitness things off amazon or craigslist probably don't have the $300-800 i gadgets either, or if they do, they were probably also bought cheaper (either on sale or used) Saving money isn't a short cut, its most often necessary and smart with the shape of the economy.

I personally bought my p90x off craigslist, and I'm terribly sorry that you didn't get profit off of it... The person who wasn't using it should have probably just thrown it away so I'd have to buy a new version. That would put money in your pocket along with more garbage in a landfill. :huh:

By the way, do you buy your fruits and veggies at a grocery store - or do you have your own farm? And what about your beef chicken and pork, do you slaughter and process your own? Aren't those both considered 'short cuts' when you think about it?

That is all.

Wow so bitter!!!! Glad you didn't buy it from me, I don't believe in coaching negative people. Oh and how is buying from a market a short cut?
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options
    Wow so bitter!!!! Glad you didn't buy it from me, I don't believe in coaching negative people. Oh and how is buying from a market a short cut?

It wasn't meant to be bitter, but your original quote could be seen that way as well. Thebodach1 was simply asking how you know which DVDs to use, then you roll in accusing her of taking shortcuts then saying your "rant has to do with people who buy it from those other sites and then either complain that it didn't come with everything it was suppose to, complain when one of the discs doesn't work, or complain when they don't get the results that they thought they would because they didn't follow the program as designed because it didn't come with everything."
    She wasn't complaining, so your rant was unjustified.

Buying from a market would be considered a shortcut since you didn't harvest and slaughter your meals, you strolled right in the grocery store (hopefully with reusable bags) and picked what you wanted off the shelf.

How would buying p90x from amazon or craigslist be a shortcut?
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    This has probably been asked, but the search feature produced too many results.

How do you know what DVD to use? Do you just pick one and go? How do you know if you're doing too much of 1 DVD and not enough of others?

Wowzers, what a thread!!
    This Friday I will finish up my first round of P90X. I'm interested in another program and instead of buying it and finding out it's not what I want, I'm able to borrow it from a friend. I completely understand what you were asking. As it's been said before, you should be able to google what you're looking for. If not friend me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can also go to the beachbody site and might be able to get some information there. Good luck to you.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    In response to some of the comments here on this thread, I will just say one thing.
    - Before you post anything, carefully read what you are about to post.
    - When replying to a post, where a question is asked, answer only the question.
    - Before you reply to anything, read it carefully as well, so as not to confuse the tone.
    - Remember that tone is difficult to convey when typing.
    - Post "soap box" comments in a new thread.
    - When stating your opinion, remember that others may not see the world the same way you do. For instance, you can't put middle class values on a low-income individual.
  • toni429
    toni429 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :smile: Happy to say I bought my off amazon yes it was cheaper but came with schedule and book no problem with anything. So you can purchase it where ever as long as your happy with it. Amazon also has a 30 day policy if your disc don't work- I called to make sure it was returnable it anything went wrong. ...Good Luck! Whats the difference? Where you buy?
  • thebodach1
    Options

Sorry end of rant.

That is all.

No offense, but like I would need you to coach me...