Does this really work...?

Options
2»

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    THIS SITE IS GREAT, THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT, YOU JUST NEED TIME TO USE IT, AND BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It works if you are honest with yourself and with your diary. The only other advice I can give you is to use your measuring cups and spoons and a food scale. Don't guess on portions--its like shooting yourself in the foot. You either guess low and you're eating too much or you guess high and find yourself hungry.

I agree! It works if you want it to work (for most people). I slightly overestimate/overcount my food and slightly underestimate my exercise to make sure I am tracking as close to accurate as I possibly can. To do otherwise is only hurting yourself! You can do it!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Yes this works, but you have to be honest, and at times that's painful. Log everything, you will find that you learn more from logging the things you do wrong than by logging the things you do right.

Welcome and good luck!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It only works if you make it work for you. It's helped me immensly, I seem to be good and stay on track and the only times I slip is weekends away from a computer.