Need some accountability...

Options
So I have been here for almost two months (45 days I think) and I have consistantly remained at or under my cal goal...I have been exercising faithfully...and losing weight. Almost 25lbs since starting. So why am I posting this? Although I don't think my diet is in the category of bad, I think it still has room for improvement. I don't have anyone commenting on my food journal at the end of the day and I am just looking for a couple of people who could help encourage/suggest and keep me accountable. What I am wanting to move toward is a more "natural" diet. Less processed things...I have been adding more fruits/veggies but I find several times a week I go for convenience foods like Hormel heat 'n eat meats...and sure I serve it up with a salad and some boiled or steamed veggies but really I want to start straying away from that more...not completely but I want it to be the exception and not the rule :) I have started making my own whole wheat bread and 100 calorie whole wheat wraps so that I am not eating breads with tons of stuff I can't pronounce lol. I keep snacks on hand to curb my sweet tooth such as fiber one bars and granola bars and cocao roasted almonds etc...but once I run out of these things in my pantry I would like to try my hand at making those homemade too so I know EXACTLY what is going into my body. I know its unrealistic to think I will never have another empty calorie snack or order a pizza and I am not about a life of deprivation. But I would to use these things more in moderation :) I am also trying to stay away from red meat and pork more and more. Lots of chicken, fish, and turkey bacon lol! Anyone out there who'd like to friend me and help me out here? Much appreciated!

Replies

• LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I absolutely will be your friend! On one condition....be sure of what you wish for, because if you want guidance, I WILL give it!! lol
    But seriously, I love that you're looking for 'real' help, and would love to support you!!

Sending you a request :flowerforyou:

Leslie
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We can help each other!! I'm struggling to eat enough calories each day. I don't eat red meat either :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi....your food diary looks pretty awesome. I'm reading Julian Michael's book, Master your Metabolism and she talks about not eating anything that doesn't have a mama or that isn't grown in the ground. How true though because so many foods have ingredients you can't pronouce much less have no idea what they are. I would definately like to cut out all the "crappy foods" in my diet. That's great you are making your own wheat bread and wraps.....would love the recipes for those. I'd also be glad to be your friend and help support you. Feel free to add me:) Awesome job on the weight loss so far!!