anyone want to start a group/challenge?

Options
I'm needing some motivation, so I was thinking of starting some sort of challenge for the month of April. I have a half marathon in about a month, so I really need to step up my running. I'm hoping April can be a good month for some weight loss.

Who's in?

Thoughts? I'd like to do about 2 pounds/week..so hopefully around 8 pounds total in April.

Replies

• aaronjarvis
    aaronjarvis Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 50 lbs by April 2012. I'm currently 240 as of 3/36/2011 haven't weighed in yet. Will do that next week.
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I don't run but I hike. Maybe this is what I need to drop the last 8-10 pounds.
  • charmsangel13
    charmsangel13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm keen, not a great runner but I'm an excellent walker/jogger so let me know what you come up with!!
  • jenni0728
    Options
    I am in too. Struggling with my last 10 lbs also. Need a good month of good exercise and challenge.
  • buttecreekwoody
    Options
    2 a week sounds like a reasonable goal. I"m doing P90X workouts mixed with spinning, running and swimming. Just finished a 1/2 marathon on March 5 and will do my first triathlon April 10. I"m real fit but still need to lose quite a bit before I'm satisfied.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm down... so what's the challenge?? ;)
  • jeyoung03
    jeyoung03 Posts: 83
    Options
    I need to start running/jogging so I can run a 5k in the next three months! :)
    I need some motivation!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in:)
  • erinm32
    erinm32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm glad you're all looking for some motivation too!

I'm not exactly sure how this works (I'm still pretty new to MFP)....what would be the best way for us all to post our goals and our losses every week? I wish there was some sort of group application. I guess we could just keep this thread going for the month of April or start a new one. I'm not sure how messages between all of us would work either.

Feel free to friend me and give suggestions!

My challenge to myself and you:

lose 2 pounds/ week (or a total of 8 pounds) by May, 1st! Post your starting weight (if you're comfortable with that) on April 1st and we'll post our losses weekly. Let's keep each other going :)
  • DJKoran
    DJKoran Posts: 2
    Options
    I am not sure if everyone would fit into this but it seems like almost every one either walk/runs/jogs for this topic.

What about making it a weight loss and distance goal for running/walking/jogging per week? Might help you stick to the running/walking part as well as the diet aspect. That way you can be motivated not only to eat well but get out and keep with the exercise.

This would be individual, not a global goal. Each person sets a distance they would like to achieve.
  • kendra1490
    Options
    Hey, I'm in! Trying to get in the mode of running every day after work. I don't have much motivation, but I think joining this group will really help. I want to start losing some pounds and getting in to better shape. Good luck everyone!!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    I have a 1/2 marathon on May 1st. Count me in.
  • RadGirl2013
    Options
    I love running even though I'm not that good at it! Count me in and keep me posted!
  • kimd1974
    Options
    I am not sure if everyone would fit into this but it seems like almost every one either walk/runs/jogs for this topic.

What about making it a weight loss and distance goal for running/walking/jogging per week? Might help you stick to the running/walking part as well as the diet aspect. That way you can be motivated not only to eat well but get out and keep with the exercise.

This would be individual, not a global goal. Each person sets a distance they would like to achieve.

I like this. I need to up my mileage quite a bit in April so this would be good motivation.
  • jenni0728
    Options

This sounds like a plan for me. I think I am going to aim for 25 miles a week (running/walking) in addition to the 2 lbs weight loss. This will put me at 100 miles(I have never done this much) for the month of April hopefully and a lot closer to my goal weight. April 1st I will put in my starting weight.
  • erinm32
    erinm32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I also really like the personal distance goals! I was thinking of starting all of this on my MFP blog. I like that people can subscribe to blogs so that you're notified of posts. Then everyone can make a comment to update their distances and weight losses every week. Of course, since I'm now friends with many of you I'll see your progress everyday, but it was just a thought of how to make it easier since you don't get notified of new posts on these message board threads...
  • epdsn
    epdsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll do it. I love running.
  • kimd1974
    Options
    My goals are logged on my blog. Tomorrow is weigh-in!
  • kimd1974
    Options
    My goals are logged on my blog. Tomorrow is weigh-in!

Starting Weight 146