hi y'all! :)

Options
am new on here and would super love it if you guys shared any tips, words of wisdom or any kind of comments that has helped you in your fitness goals ~ anything and all is welcome, and thank you in advance for sharing! we can do this!!!

Replies

• wwright8835
    wwright8835 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So far what has been working for me is to keep a diary of what I eat and my workout days. has helped alot. Also there is alot of great support you can get from this site. Today is my 6 weeks on MFP and i have lost a total of 40 lbs on my next weigh in.

I just try to limit myself with smaller meals in the start of the day so i still have enough calories left for a decent sized dinner or maybe a snack.

Try not to consider it a diet.....its a lifestyle change also you need to be ready to accept it and move forward

GL to you, you can add me if you would like!
  • musicoflife08
    Options
    Start small!! For me, getting into new habits has been the hardest. So, I started with a walk everyday, and saying, this week I'm going to ADD something healthy to my diet (instead of saying taking something away). I also have a cheat meal once a week, like IHOP (I <3 IHOP!!!), so I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of the deliciousness that is IHOP. :tongue:

So, I wish you a lot of luck!! This is a wonderful place, with lots of awesome people! Add me if you wish! :smile:
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    hi few tips make sure you get enough sleep ... your body needs sleep to loose weight..... make sure u drink at least 8 glasses of water..... try to eat every 3-4 hours making sure you always eat breckfast......try to make everything you eat be fresh and cook it yourself from scratch and not have preserives helps.... keep to ur callorie alowance not to far over and not to far over ... hope thts helped and gd luck :-)
  • JGetzit
    JGetzit Posts: 5
    Options
    thank you so much for this, it really helps to have support, encouragement and great tips! thank you for friending me :) need all the help i can get! UGH lol..
  • JGetzit
    Options
    WOW, 6 weeks and 40 LBS!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! Great job, Would love love love to add you as friend, what an INSPIRATION you are!!!
  • JGetzit
    Options
    lol so it looks like i still don't know my way around navigating through here since i can't seem to comment a reply back to the person who originally posted ~ it's just showing up as a generic reply but to no one in particular? lol, i'll figure it out one of these days.. :)
  • Juno99
    Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol so it looks like i still don't know my way around navigating through here since i can't seem to comment a reply back to the person who originally posted ~ it's just showing up as a generic reply but to no one in particular? lol, i'll figure it out one of these days.. :)

actually you click quote, instead of reply :smile:
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    Hi, I'm new at this site myself, but I have been with other weight loss sites in the past. I love the settings over here and I have already become friends with people really fast... Anyway.. My advice on weight loss is this..

Logging your foods and creating a deficit.
    Water, water, water and finding out what your protein amount is.
    Working out with something in your belly is best. But I have heard other wise from other dieters on other sites..
    I start with a good pre workout snack of 190-220 calories.. A slim fast comes in handy for this if you don't make your own smoothies or protein drinks. Then a snack after my workout. "protein" is always good. So I try to aim for a protein bar or a snack of peanut butter just a table spoon, and a small apple cut in slices for dipping... It really does keep me balance.. I sometimes put it on 2 slices of bread. Depending on how many calories I burned during my workout. I believe in feeding the body.. It helps keep those binge days and cravings for something late at night time..

GOOD LUCK!
    Edit... word change.....
  • JGetzit
    Options

actually you click quote, instead of reply :smile:
    ah ha..