Delicious Zucchini Lasagna

Options
misschristi
misschristi Posts: 119 Member
So I have made this zucchini lasagna a few times now and I felt like I had to share it with all of you because it is DELICIOUS!! Usually when I make it, it doesnt last very long because nobody can stop eating it, especially at 225 calories for a huuge serving.
It only takes about a half hour to prepare and you dont need that many ingredients that you probably dont already have at home.
So, lets get to it....

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Ingredients:
-1 jar (26oz) of any pasta sauce (try to find a lower calorie one around 50-80 cals/serving)
-2 large zucchini (or around 4 smaller sized ones)
-6 oz shredded mozzarella, skim
-3 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
-15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
-2 large eggs
-garlic powder (around 1 tsp or to taste)
-onion powder (around 1 tsp or to taste)
-salt and pepper to taste
-3 oz more mozzarella to melt on top

1. Cut the zucchini lengthwise to about 1/4 inch thickness to make your "noodles".
2. Place the zucchini noodles on a plate and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese and spices.
4. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray like Pam. Spread 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce in the pan then layer on top with half of the zucchini noodles. Next layer half of the ricotta mixture and then half the mozzarella.
5. Repeat layers- sauce, zucchini, ricotta mixture and mozzarella.
6. Cover with the final 1/3 of the sauce. Cover with foil and bake at 375° F (200° C) for 45 minutes.
7. Uncover and sprinkle with the 3oz. more mozzarella cheese. Then place under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
8. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
9. Cut into 8 servings.

Each serving is 225 calories! ...and trust me, you might not be able to eat just one. Enjoy!! :D

Replies

• kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    bump
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Sounds great!!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb and avoiding pasta--gonna have to try this. It sounds good!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Sounds amazing!:smile:
  • SadieAnnL
    SadieAnnL Posts: 17
    Options
    :smile: Sounds good, going to try. Thanks for sharing
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    Sounds delish!! Thanks
  • awb_lrb
    awb_lrb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful - I use zuchinni in my regular lasagna recipe but never thought about using the zuchinni as the noodles. Thanks!
  • skinnyminnie
    skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm, this does sound tasty! :)
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!!!!!!
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love zucchini!
  • Mandily18
    Mandily18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've never tried zucchini before, but I LOVE lasagna. Does it cook up similar to a lasagna noodle as far as the texture or consistency? I'm a pretty picky eater, but I think I might like to try this?
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I make lasagna with zuchinni, homemade sauce and cottage cheese and mozzarella to make it even lower in calories and sodium.

It's delicious.

The zuchinni does produce alot of liquid while cooking but does not effect the taste. Any ideas how to absorb some of the liquid while cooking?

Thanks

Karen
  • misschristi
    Options
    mandi- i honestly dont think there is that much of a difference, at least not to me. when i eat it it tastes noodley..you should give it a try you might be surprised!

karen- i was thinking that last night after i made it...i was thinking what would make the zucchini not give off so much liquid? ..i was thinking maybe if you microwaved the zucchini longer it would cook off more of its natural liquid...i dont know though, so im going to try to do that when i make my next batch...maybe do like 5 minutes instead of 2-3...
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That sounds AMAZING! Did you make this up or find it somewhere? I am so excited to give it a shot!
  • misschristi
    Options
    That sounds AMAZING! Did you make this up or find it somewhere? I am so excited to give it a shot!

well i have seen tons of recipes for it, so i sort of combined different things to make it low calorie :)
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    youre killing me...my zucchini lasagna has huge slices for 500 calories a piece...and i thought that was good...im gonna try yours.