No Pop!

Options
I haven't had any pop since Sept 14th.. I have been doing so good and not craving it all! It was hard at first as it was so tempting but I stuck with it and now I am getting hubby to get drinking pop to.

Replies

• canchaser_412
    Options
    I haven't had any pop since Sept 14th.. I have been doing so good and not craving it all! It was hard at first as it was so tempting but I stuck with it and now I am getting hubby to get drinking pop to.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. That's something I'm working on.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That is huge. :flowerforyou: I always tend to cave for some Mt. Dew, but, I haven't had any pop about a week. Yay. :drinker: (that's water, by the way :wink: )
  • canchaser_412
    Options
    well keep it up... I would drink Pepsi like it was going out of style before
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you drank regular pop you will really notice a difference now that you've given it up.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any pop since June 23rd, but bigger than that I haven't had my raspberry iced tea which was ALL I used to drink! AHH!

We no longer have pop in the house, and my husband no longer has acid reflux! Just from cutting out pop!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Good job! :flowerforyou:

I am a diet coke addict myself. Not the healthiest stuff, but at least no calories. Doubt I will ever give it up, but probably something I should work on! :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I am trying to ween myself off soda, diet too....I do okay during the week but on the occasional weekend I have a diet soda.... :sick: I feel like crap for days afterword.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in 2 eeks nad saturday I had a soda and it just tasted so nasty.
    Good luck
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I went from the 12oz cans to the 8oz can:tongue: That is the only thing I won't give up, but I only have one 8oz a day where I use to have 3 or 4 12oz /day...so I guess that counts some:wink:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    WTG.... I know how hard it can be. I quit my soda on August 17th.. the day I joined here and havent had one since. Im afraid that if I have even one I might start drinking them again. Now I enjoy drinking my water.

Connie
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    If you drank regular pop you will really notice a difference now that you've given it up.
    Definitley!! You'll notice how it burns your throat too!!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you guys keep up the good work. i gave up sodas in April of '06. it was tough. VERY tough.

but now, i cant even think about drinking one without it making my teeth hurt. i had a FEW sips of my friend's Dr. Pepper a few months ago, and it tasted good, but made me feel like crap.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!

Cutting out the soda is one of the things that has helped me tremendously. I may have a sip or two of someone elses once in a while, but for the most part I don't crave soda loke I used to.

Keep up the GREAT work!!!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Definitley!! You'll notice how it burns your throat too!!

That is the only reason why my mom and I like to drink coke....
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of alternatives to soda besides carbonate juice drinks?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Way to go on tossin' the pop!!! That was my biggest downfall. I was drinking a 2 liter a day of COKE, by MYSELF!!! I've had maybe 2 Coke's in the last 4 months and the last time I had one, it was horrible!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My son recently moved back in with me and I'm trying to get him to stop drinking pop. :bigsmile:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I am a Diet A & W addict. Probably always will be. I figure I only have 1 per day and it has no calorie's and no caffeine. I started drinking it because I can't have caffeine. It really bothers my heart big time. So, Diet A & W is my addiction. I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!!!

:drinker:
  • canawoman
    Options
    That's awesome. This Feb. it will be 4 years soda free for me...:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!