what to cut out today ?

Options
Ok I have been great at keeping at calorie allowance or below the last week and a half. But today instead of drinking water I bought a 20 oz gingerale out of machine here at work. I got a cold and water did not sound good to me. So that put me 32 calories over my limit. I believe you all can view my food diary for today .. I made it public. Any suggestions on what I should take out to put me back on track for today. It does not seem to me that I am going to over do it in anyway today and I just don't know what to cut out. Also. If anyone wants to friend me.. you are welcome. The more the merrier for support.. thanks again.

Replies

• angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The cheese in your burger? Good luck!
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    32 calories? Seriously?

Forget about it. That's absolutely nothing.
  • missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    Could you take out maybe half of the yogurt or even just go for a brisk five minute walk therefore you really don't have to cut anything out at all?
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I wouldn't cut anything out. 32 calories is nothing. Especially since you are making healthy choices. Don't cut anything out today and don't worry about going over by such a small amount.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    32 calories? Seriously?

Agreed. Don't even worry abut it. Stressing about every single calories (or even 30 of them) leads to an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • urquetto
    urquetto Posts: 11
    Options
    The cheese in the burger if anything! or a 5/10 min brisk walk!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I agree with the cheese on your burger. Or do a little extra exercise or walking if you're that concerned about it. I wouldn't worry about 32 cals though :) Dt. Gingerale next time?
  • Ebony320
    Ebony320 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that every one slips up sometime; we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t. All you can do is fight the urge to drink another soda and stick to your routine today. Keep up the good work!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't say it, but those fries HAVE to have carbs. eat half of what you've allotted.
  • durand413
    Options
    Skip the french fries at dinner and sub some veggies instead. You will be able to eat way more and cut the calories.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and I don't think I would worry as much about the calories, but the amount of carbs your eating is high.
    I would try to get more whole grains and less processed foods, and add some Fresh Veggies.
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with missbeezy, dont cut anything out and just go for a nice brisk after dinner walk!!
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about 30 extra, but if you really want to stay under I would skip the bun.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    32 calories? Seriously?

Agreed. Don't even worry abut it. Stressing about every single calories (or even 30 of them) leads to an unhealthy relationship with food.

I agree.

If you are that serious. Do 3 sets of 20 jumping jacks. That should give you about 40 calories burned.
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    While I agree with the people saying don't stress it IF not stressing it is going to stress you more (I'm one of those people!) then cut out a couple of fries :) Just 4 should do it!
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm just going to add my 2 cents about something not related to your question... but i noticed that you dont track your sodium... i would suggest tracking it b/c alot of the foods you have on your diary are high in sodium... for me too much sodium makes me bloated... just my 2 cents
  • Witchypoo777
    Witchypoo777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    32 cals is absolutely nothing to stress about I'm sure, but I know that when you've been SO good it feels like a 'failure'. It really isn't though! But if you really want to meet your target I hear that running on the spot for 5 mins burns about 40 :smile:

Personally, I have a hoola hoop for just such an occasion. I've been known to hoola hoop for 60 mins while watching something good on TV and not even notice :happy:
  • neverrgiveup
    Options
    excersise some, like a 15 minute walk or whatever.. and you dont have to cut anything :)
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Skip the french fries at dinner and sub some veggies instead. You will be able to eat way more and cut the calories.

Agreed!!!! Or get rid of the bun and just have your chicken over salad???