0.8LBS LOST.... SERIOUSLY, THIS CANT BE!!

Options
I WEIGHED IN 2/28/2011. I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT 4 TIMES A WEEK! BURNING NO LESS THAN 500 CALORIES EACH TIME! EATING MUCH HEALTHIER, DRINKING WATER, STAYING ACTIVE. I WEIGHED IN YESTERDAY, EXACTLY A MONTH LATER AND LOST A WHOOPING 0.8LBS!!!!! I HAVE NO WORDS....:noway:

SOMEONE PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    inch loss?:smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    If you can open your food diary, we can help. Maybe you need to watch your sodium or sugar intake more?
  • Radford89
    Radford89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have probably gained some muscle...are you looking & feeling better?
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    It's hard in the beginning, just keep going. You'll probably have slow and fast periods of weightloss, you just have to push through the show times. Keep up the good work!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    if this is your first month at it ,dont get discouraged. It takes time for the body to adjust to change,it is common to either lose a whole bunch water weight the first month,or no not lose any at all. Your body is confused and needs time to readjust. Also if you have been exercising 4 times a week,and weren't doing this before you could have gained muscle.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    did you take a before picture? If you did take a picture today and compare. You might find you are losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat! I see a lot of people suggesting measuring your body...I have yet to do it...but I am considering that it needs to be done so I can see progress when the scale doesn't move! Don't give up! You can do this!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? My guess is that it's probably too little, and that's why you aren't losing any weight.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I feel your pain, hang in there girl. Do write down your measurements.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It happens.... :( It could be water weight
  • caws1111
    caws1111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    it took me over a month to see success but now I am starting to lose. At first I was eating too much, then too little, you just have to keep going, find what works for your body, then stick with it.
  • spelman98
    spelman98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I had a similar experience this morning. I've been working out 5 days a week (burning 400-500+ per workout), eating the right amount of calories, fat, carbs, protien, drinking water and my scale said i gained .5 lb this month. The scale for me has been fluctuating each week and I just can't make any sense of it. Sorry I don't have any answers but I'm interested to hear what others have to say.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you are exercising regularly, it is very likely that you have lost inches rather than weight. My best friend works out A LOT and sees absolutely no difference on the scale, but it is very obvious looking at her that she is smaller. The same thing has happened to me before!

Don't give up! Stick with it and you will see results. In the meantime, I suggest taking your measurements if you haven't already. =)
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started, Not much difference on the scale, but I lost a couple of inches and I gained some muscle. Be patient! All of your hard work will pay off!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    My wife is in a very similar situation - been to the gym lots having been pretty unfit and has lost hardy any weight - but is down from a size 14 to a size 10 top (and looks great). I suspect she has gained a lot of muscle and I'll bet you are the same.
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would suggest opening your diary, even if just temporarily so people can offer some help. Don't give up!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!

The scale isn't always the best indication of progress. Make sure to take some measurements and body fat %.
    I personally believe that losing weight is 70/30. 70% diet, 30% exercise. If you open up your diary, maybe we can help make a few suggestions.

Whatever you do, DONT STOP! You're doing a great job and in the end, the exercise is so beneficial for you in more ways than we will ever know.
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I fluctuated over 2 pounds in the last two days. Maybe you hit a 'high' day. Hang in there. I have been discouraged many times by the scale, but trust the process....:flowerforyou:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What is your daily calorie intake? Are you eating your exercise calories? If you open up your food diary I can offer some suggestions.
  • susancelli928
    Options
    You probably have gained muscle first which is normal when it comes to working out. Once you body stops being in "shock" from all the healthy activity its doing. You will see the weight disappear it takes time but you have to keep working on it. Good Luck
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    it happens. . I hit a plateau for 2 wks, suddenly dropped 3 lbs. . .look at your diary a little closer, see if there's something you can change :) and measure!