THEY ARE STARVING MY BABY

Options
So we get back in from looking at the apartment to a message on our answering machine. It was Cecil's teacher. The school board lost his meal application. So they have been letting him go hungery. Those d____ f_______ j________ b__________.

How dare they starve my baby. I promise you if this does not get straightened out now a lawer will be contacted as that IS NEGLECT ON THEIR PART. THEY ARE STARVIN MY BABY BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID MISTAKE. Yes mommy just got back from the school for taking lunch to him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FEED MY BABY YOU *kitten* BEFORE YOU REGRET IT.

Replies

• cecilsmom
    Options
    So we get back in from looking at the apartment to a message on our answering machine. It was Cecil's teacher. The school board lost his meal application. So they have been letting him go hungery. Those d____ f_______ j________ b__________.

How dare they starve my baby. I promise you if this does not get straightened out now a lawer will be contacted as that IS NEGLECT ON THEIR PART. THEY ARE STARVIN MY BABY BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID MISTAKE. Yes mommy just got back from the school for taking lunch to him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    What school district are you in? They ought to know better than that, for Christs sake!!

Even my 17 year old gets to eat lunch if he doesn't have the money, between the time school begins and the time he's approved for reduced lunches, for Petes sake!!!! WOW, that is some crap!@!

I feel for ya, hon, and hope they smarten up.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Same thing here - they don't have money they get PB Sanwiches and milk
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I absolutely cannot BELIEVE they would not feed him!! Kids around here are given much smaller meals if they cannot pay/ haven't paid up but they ARE fed! What in the hell?!? I'd call the head of that school board, ASAP.
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am not sure where the school district is but where my girls go, if they do not have enough money in their account then they still eat lunch, they get a peanut and jelly sandwich, milk, fruit. So they atleast they don't go hungry, I would be upset just like you are. I can't believe that they would do that to a child. That is a long time to go without eating for them. I have a hard time going 2 hours without eating. I usually eat every 2-3 hours right now.

Good Luck and keep us posted. :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    How long ago did they lose his application? I agree that's ridiculous! There is no excuse for letting your child or any child go hungry! Hope everything gets straightened out.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Same here - they give the kids crackers and milk if they don't have a lunch. I was told that legally, the school district cannot NOT feed the kids (crackers and milk isn't much, but it's a lot more than nothing!)
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    :mad: OMG how long has this been going on?? Our school district is the same as some of the other posters, if the kids don't have or forget their money they get PB&J, fruit and milk. And the teacher usually sends home a note saying your child didn't have money with them or in their account (in case the money was sent and is going elsewhere)... Nevertheless, what did they have your child doing during lunch? Watching the other kids eat? That is quite disturbing!! I think the teacher as well as who ever screwed up and lost the form AND any other employees that saw what was going on are all *kitten* and you should go straight to the Board of Education!!! This is from a Mom of 3 and a Certified Substitute Teacher!!!!!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I WOULD REPORT THIS. IF IT WERE THE PARENTS MAKING THE CHILD GO HUNGRY, THEY WOULD PUNISHED AND IT WOULD BE ALL OVER THE TV NEWS, :explode: RIGHT. THE SCHOOL IS NO DIFFERENT, IT SHOULD BE TOLD.:angry:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    :angry: That's just wrong! I hope they resolve this TODAY.

Hang in there.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Same goes for our local school district, if there is no money they still get something. Why did they wait so long to contact you? Idiots!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Want to borrow my a**kicking boots?:bigsmile:
    Crap like that makes me :sick: and :mad: .....Someone's butt needs to be fired!
    How could teachers/administrators/whoever else be so oblivious?
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Yes they make a mistake. Yes you had to take a lunch to him. Is that worthy of a lawsuit? Hell no. There are bigger things in life to worry about that a freakin' missed lunch.

Max - I think it has happened more than once - sounds like it's been going on for awhile. A lawsuit? Maybe not at this point, but something needs to be done because it is not right to let a child go hungry everyday.
  • thisisforme
    Options
    How did the poor baby concentrate. When I am hungry, I totally check out. I am in the chair, but I am not really there! Give your baby some love, and kick some tail at school!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy be..... :noway:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was trying not so say anything. But if you knew he wasn't getting lunch why didn't you. 1 ) go fill out another application 2) pack a lunch 3) contact somebody and see if he could eat until it got worked out or 4) pay for a few lunches until you filled out the new application and it got approved.

Yes they should make sure he is getting fed, but so should you.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

I don't want to see a kid go hungry, but I just get tired of folks expecting institutional authorities to care for our kids. That's not their job. That's my job. Their job is to educate.

I agree.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Is today the first day this happened? I can't really tell from your post, but it sounds as if it isn't. Why didn't Cecil tell you they were not giving him lunch all along? Gosh, my son called me the day that the lunch lady told him his account was negative and he couldn't eat. It was a mistake, his last name is different than mine, and they put it on another kid's account because he had the same last name. One of the ladies in line did tell him he could eat off the salad bar, but he hates salad. He had a few crackers, some shredded cheese, and some carrots. That being said, mistakes do happen...