Been looking around for a few weeks just now posting.

Options
I've been on for a couple of weeks but haven't posted just kinda looking around. I really want to loose 30 pounds my husband has gained 60 pounds since we met and he is trying as well but we aren't having any luck. I've lost about 10 pounds since I started and he about 5. I can't get him to excercise he is so tired when he gets home he doesn't want to do anything. I'm stuck on my 10 pounds and can't seem to get off of that. Hopefully I can find the motivation on here I need to get going and hopefully he will get motivation from me.

Replies

• lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of motivation and support here. Sometimes it takes one spouse seeing the other doing well to motivate them. My hubby jumped on when he saw I was dedicated and he is now working out on his own. Good luck to you!
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Get him to workout this weekend. I find I have WAY more energy everyday from eating healthy and exercising just about everyday.
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find this site VERY motivating! Good Luck!:happy:
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    Exercise is my problem too. I usually go swimming once a week, but I couldn't go last week and this week I have a pretty horrific head cold which is making it difficult for me to even get out of bed and get into work. I just try and do ten mins a day at least, even if it is just walking across site to meet my friend for lunch.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Hard to get started sometimes, I know!
    How about a walk before dinner to talk about your day?
  • urbanruralmomma
    Options
    It might help to tell your husband that by exercising, he'll actually have more energy! I know that sounds like it can't be accurate, but it is. Once you start exercising, it's like recovering from a hangover. Of course, that's a healthy amount of exercise - pushing too hard will definitely wear you down.

Also, if you're not using weights that would be helpful too. Apparently, weight lifting keeps calories burning much longer than cardiovascular exercise.

Weight training doesn't have to be muscle-tearing either. I'm going for the svelte body of a yogi - so large muscles aren't for me. I usually do 1 rep of 15 for now. I'll be moving up on the reps, but not the weights.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    you found the right place for motivation lots of postive feed back here.. great site keep up the good hard work just remeber it pays off in the end...
  • libbyadams2010
    libbyadams2010 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I try and do something everday even if it's just getting up and playing on the wii for an hour. He came in the other night and said I can beat you and I said here lets go and he said no. He is miserable and wants to loose but he can't get motivated.

Thanks everyone I'm so wanting to get this weight off.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Very helpful site. I understand the non exercising hubby.. got one myself... but my problem different.. he never gains weight. He looks the same when we meant 17 yrs ago : ( Me on the other hand .. if I even look at a brownie.. I gain. lol. Well good luck to you.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Men love the challenge - next time he says he can beat you, hand him the Wi-mote and tell him:
    'Put your money where your mouth is'
    'I'll believe it when I see it'
    'Prove it, big talker'