New and Veg*n

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site, just started today!

I am 32, a mother, work full time, go to school - hell I do it all!
I lost all the weight and hit my goal two years ago. And guess what - once I enrolled in school I let it all slide and ended up at the exact same weight I was before!

I'm on a new weight loss mission now!
Also I am vegetarian, working towards a vegan diet. Being Veg*n is not a requirement for a diet buddy but thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone is looking to add people that are.

Thanks! (I would love some new buddies!)

Replies

• hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for adding me as a friend! Glad you've joined the site. This place is wonderful! The support is amazing and really helps keep ya motivated. I actually went vegetarian back in August after joining the site. The support really made me feel like I could finally make the change for goos and I've never looked back! I love it! I don't think I'll ever quite go vegan, but I eat mostly vegan and totally vegetarian now and I love it! I'm with ya - while I never reached my goal, I lost about 70 pounds a few years back, then gained it all, plus 40 more when I was in school. My loss ticker shows I've lost 18 lbs since joining, but it's actually down about 66 from my highest. This place is great and is really changing my life. I'm here for ya - we can do this! Good luck! *hugs*
  • sharamia
    sharamia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband is a vegan, I eat dairy and fish, so I guess I"m a pescatarian. Welcome. It's very supportive here and easy to make friends. I've gotten some great ideas and recipes too.