How do you carry your iPod/keys while running?

Options
I'm working on getting back into running regularly; I used to run 4 or 5 times a week but got lazy. Before I was running on a treadmill at a gym, so I just tossed my iPod in the treadmill's cup holder, easy. Now I'm going to be doing it outside, and I'm not sure how to carry my iPhone and keys. I've seen the armbands, of course, but have a few questions.

1. Are armbands the only option, or are there other (legbands, wastebands, etc.?)

2. Are there any that have space to carries keys as well?

3. Which one(s) do you personally recommend? The more inexpensive, the better, but I don't want to sacrifice quality, so I'm willing to pay more if there's something great.

And yes, I googled, but I'm a horrible googler and didn't find much, and want to hear people's personal opinions anyway.

Thanks!

:heart: -- Juliet

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have ipod nano with the clip....good luck!
  • crlujan
    crlujan Posts: 59
    Options
    Check out LunaTik.com. It's the best! So glad I did it. Keep the headphone cable in your shirt and down you sleeve. Stays outta your way. Functions as a watch. And has a huge cool factor.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have a Belkin Iphone holder, I love it , its an armband, PERFECT. I bought it a Best Buy. Not sure about the keys Im still working on it. I have seen thesee wrist band pouch kinda things online,but not in stores,
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I used to take the car/house key and loop it into my shoe laces, make sure to double knot!!
    I found the arm band to be the most handy for hte ipod, though the iPod shuffle was a lot more lightweight and just clipped on to wherever.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i have my ipod on an armband and i take my doorkey off the bunch and tuck it in my sportsbra :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have a band for my ipod that goes around my arm and I tie my car key into my shoe lace when I run outside
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have an armband, and it has a little key pocket.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    i gt 3/4 running bottoms with zip at the back for keys and phone:smile:
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have an armband that has a key holder in it so it works for both! I also have a pair of workout pants that have a small pocket inside of them that can hold keys. There's tons of options!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My MP3 is super tiny, so I just jam it in my waist band.

My keys stay in the ignition in the hopes someone will steal my my fully insured gas guzzler.... hint hint.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    For keys I have a big key-chain due to all the sheds etc that I have to access frequently, not to mention gates and other buildings and multiple vehicles.
    My house-key is on a clip from the dollar store, 2 rings connected by a push button release, when it's time to go for a walk / run / hike / bike-ride I separate the house key from the rest of them and stick the solitary key in my pocket for the duration of the outing. No way I'm carrying all those keys all the time.
    I have another set of keys where one house-holds keys are on a ring, the vehicle keys on another.... building door and any cabinets that are in that building on another ring... makes it easier when accessing a building once you've got the right exterior key the interior keys are on that same ring. All the rings are on what I think of as a D-ring, whether that's their name or not I don't know.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got a running jacket from Costco a little while ago (I bet you could get one just about anywhere that sells running clothes). It has this great stretchy fabric that holds your keys in your jacket pocket. For the ipod, the jacket has a hole on the inside of the pocket to slide your headphones through. I put the ipod in my pocket and ran the headphones through it, then up my back and had the headphones resting over my shoulders, then I didn't risk pulling the headphones out. I zipped up my jacket, too, just to be sure everything stayed where it was supposed to. And the jacket was really lightweight so it didn't make it too hot for running. I think it cost about $20 and was worth every penny.
  • wannabalozer
    Options
    Keys idea ----> Some running shorts have a kangaroo velcro pouch-ish type pocket. Most of my Nike shorts have them. That's where I store the keys. Also, I've tied my keys into my shoelaces. Might be a little annoying if you have a bunch of keys, but for a few.. it works.
  • mariavgraham
    Options
    if its just 1 key i.e front door key you could thread it through your trainer/ shoe laces not sure about ipod maybe a bum bag !
  • KHaynie
    KHaynie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've looked, too. The only thing I've been able to find is 1) the armband, and 2) a belt/waistband clip. I've been debating on which to buy. For the time being, I just take my house key off the chain, slip it inside the protective silicone skin on my ipod, and carry my ipod in my hand. Not a very sophisticated method, I know, but it works for now. Try looking on Amazon.com instead of google.
  • Dorkychyc
    Dorkychyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the treadmill at the gym like you use to. I have seen women at the gym though that has a pocket on the lower back of their shirt. I t looks like it works great for an iPod/android phone and a set of up to maybe 3 keys. . So far I’ve seen them with either a stretchy flap or a velcro strap to hold the contents of the pocket in. I think I might actually look into them as well, I like that it’s a 2 in 1 buy.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I like the arm band for my ipod. Not sure about what to do with keys, I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere :) I rarely lock my house and I always just leave my keys in the car.
  • Wakx
    Wakx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    3. Which one(s) do you personally recommend? The more inexpensive, the better

I keep my iphone in my underpants :blushing:
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    i tape a spare key onto the back of my ipod and put it in its case...leave the keys in the car... have my spare with me when i run to get back into the car... just hide them in the glovebox or under the seat.....also i love my technohoodie sweatshirt from old navy with built in headphones in the strings and a plug for your ipod in the pocket.. machine washable wish i woulda bought 10 now they are out!!!