diet soda

Options
im hearing more and more how diet soda is bad for you and seeing as i drink a few glasses aday i was wondering what alternatives there are out there? :)

Replies

• singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Water. It's free, and zero calories.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    Water. It's free, and zero calories.

i do drink water but my problem is i like to taste sumthing when im drinking it if u understand what i mean
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i like those flavored waters. wal mart has them and they come in different flavors and they give you the fizziness of a soda without all the calories and sugar.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    crystal light... 5 calories a bottle... it makes more than the 500mls... I use it for a 750ml bottle.
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    Talking Rain has carbonated water that is flavored with 'essenses'. So no calories or anything, just has some flavor and those wonderful bubbles!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Until they come out with a sweetner that has no side affects, water is the only choice. I think that 1 can diet soda a day in fine. I'm like you I want to taste something, so I'm down from 5-6 can diet soda a day to 1 or 1/2 can per day. It's my treat! And I feel good about the water!!!! It's better for me.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I hear ya.

I have right now under my desk a whole bin of Diet Coke cans I need to recycle...just two days worth.

I drink half a gallon to one gallon a day of Diet Coke.

I bought one share of stock in Coca Cola jsut on the principle that I should be earning dividends on my own consumption.

I figure AFTER I lose weight I can knock off the diet soda. One vice at a time...next comes swearing while in heavy traffic ;)
  • darthwein
    darthwein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fruit 2o. Zero calories, and it does taste good. It's not carbonated, but has a lot of flavor.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    many choices then i see :P
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Personally, I feel there are enough other things in this world that are "bad" for you, I'm not going to worry about diet soda. And the biggest problem people have with it is the aspartme in it, which I'm guessing many of the 'zero' calorie alternatives that were suggested also contain...it's up to you if the "risks" are enough for you to truly look for an alternative.
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Diet soda is def bad. It actually causes the body to think that it is getting sugar and then when it does not, it stores fat. I've been doing a lot of reading about diet soda and aside from just being bad in general, it's not a great choice for being healthy in the long run. But my mom went from 350 to 115 and drank tons of diet soda the entire time. So, it can't work TOO negatively against weightloss. I drink only water and occassionally, I mix it with crystal light or something like that.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    Personally, I feel there are enough other things in this world that are "bad" for you, I'm not going to worry about diet soda. And the biggest problem people have with it is the aspartme in it, which I'm guessing many of the 'zero' calorie alternatives that were suggested also contain...it's up to you if the "risks" are enough for you to truly look for an alternative.

well to be honest im not too bothered either but its always nice to see other ppls views and advice on such subjects but saying im not bothered im still gunna try an alternative just for a change
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    Diet soda is def bad. It actually causes the body to think that it is getting sugar and then when it does not, it stores fat. I've been doing a lot of reading about diet soda and aside from just being bad in general, it's not a great choice for being healthy in the long run. But my mom went from 350 to 115 and drank tons of diet soda the entire time. So, it can't work TOO negatively against weightloss. I drink only water and occassionally, I mix it with crystal light or something like that.

what is crystal light?.... im assuming its an american brand
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Diet green tea taste great to me with benefits. Sodas keep you bloated so I gave up sodas last year.