How do you carry your iPod/keys while running?

Options

Replies

• loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    $11.99 + $3.99 shipping
    In Stock. Sold by Grantwood Technology
    Quantity:
    or
    Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.
    or
    Buy with PayPhrase

Share your own customer images
    RunWallet, Grantwood Technology's Workout Wallet, Assorted Colors
    Grantwood Technology
    4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (27 customer reviews) | Like (0)
    Price: $19.99
    Sale: $11.99
    You Save: $8.00 (40%)

Color: Black

In Stock.
    Ships from and sold by Grantwood Technology.

Neoprene Workout Wallet that Holds Keys, IDs, CAC Card, Credit/Bank Cards, Money
    Can clip or carry the NEW iPod nano 6th Generation, or other tuneband products
    Includes Soft Stretchy Velcro Armband that Fits Both Small and Large Arms

Show More
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    Ipod- get an armband, they are pretty good.

For everything else, this little guy does the trick!

http://www.roadid.com/Common/LearnMore.aspx?PID=24
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I don't carry my iPod. Can't use it in races, not training with it. Plus I like being able to be aware of what's going on around me.

As far as keys and my inhaler, I got a hand-held water bottle by Nathan and the side opposite the strap that goes around your hand has a pouch that holds those.

I've got a RoadID that I wear. And a spiBelt for my metrocard, cell phone and a little money just in case.

Easy peasy.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bump! I feel like a science experiment sometimes - phone that acts as GPS recorder/ipod, heart rate monitor (strap and watch), mace with key attached. I guess I jingle a lot! :blushing:
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My iPod is always on my arm.

Keys and ID generally go into a zippered pocket (jacket or shorts).

For intermediate runs of 5-8 miles, I wear a zippered fanny pack with a snack (granola bar, Gu, or energy jelly beans, and a small bottle of H20).

For longer runs of 9 miles + , I wear a Camelback which has room for energy bars etc, id, keys etc. Camelbacks are great because they have a bladder which holds a couple liters of fluids in them (water, gatorade etc).
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I can't ever run without my armband for my iPhone and my running shoe pouch to hold my keys and id & cash just in case my destination is an ice cold beer. :)http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/24/shoe-pouch-use-your-nike-kit-with-any-shoe/

Also, on my long runs, I wear a water belt so that comes with a pouch. It's like a fanny pack... not sexy, but it works & I love it!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I like this "pocket belts" from Nathan. It's not as bulky as a fanny pack but can still hold everything you need.

http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/runners-paks-music-carriers/runners-paks/5k-runners-pak
  • amjmomma
    amjmomma Posts: 41
    Options
    I try to find pants and shorts with pockets. Once you get used to the jingle of keys, it doesn't bother you. I use an armband when I am wearing long sleeves because my iPhone irritates my skin. When I am wearing sleeveless, I keep it in the old pocket. Sometimes, I also tuck it in my bra. Nice, right? Gotta love THAT image! =)
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had no pocket so stuck my ipod in my cleavage! hahahahaha... kinda worked... if I lose any more weight - it won't!!!!
    Otherwise, I always buy workout clothes with zippered pockets in it somewhere... Just like I now ONLY buy pants with belt loops.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This armband holds your ipod and has a little zipper pocket for keys, I.D. etc, and is on sale for $6.99 but you would have to deal with the color and "cruves" on it! They also have socks with little a pocket in them for money or keys.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=39862
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Yesterday, I had no pocket so stuck my ipod in my cleavage! hahahahaha... kinda worked... if I lose any more weight - it won't!!!!
    Otherwise, I always buy workout clothes with zippered pockets in it somewhere... Just like I now ONLY buy pants with belt loops.

LOL, I have done that too!
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering a SPIbelt (http://store.spibelt.com/Spibelt-p/spibeltparent1.htm). It has awesome reviews, hopefully it's as great as it's supposed to be, will see when it gets here in a couple weeks. Thanks again!

:heart: -- Juliet
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I picked this one up few weeks back for my IPOD Classic on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-iPod-Classic-Sport-Armband/dp/B0016G7DBG/ref=pd_ybh_5?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1T1CXBJ8K5G8CH8YRBKD

Nice because it has the head phone wire holder. Keeps it out of the way during runs.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    In the winter it's been great. I just put my ipod and keys in my running jacket. I have a VW and my key is big and bulky so it's not going to fit in alot of the pants that have the key pockets. As to what i'm going to do when it gets warmer, i'm not sure!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If I'm at the gym and don't want alot of bulk, I'll remove the car key from the ring and carry it only in the little key pocket or take off my house key if I'm going around the neighborhood.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have an armband for my mp3 player, and have a little pouch that clips onto my waistband for keys and emergency snacks (jelly beans or tootsie rolls).

Sometimes I tie my key onto the drawstring of my shorts.
  • running42km
    running42km Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keys, I pin my door key of my home or car to the inside of my running shorts pocket, but yes this requires your running pants to have a pocket.

I don't do the ipod thing as I am lucky to live along the ocean side and enjoy hearing the surf and birds when I run but certainly if I was to use one I'd go with the nano as it won't feel weighty wherever it is clipped. I do carry an older small clamshell flip phone in my hand in case of emergencies encountered on my runs. I've seen lots of runners simply carrying their ipods in the same way. Imagine it like a track relay baton.
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had my pouch for years and I do not even remember where I bought it or what it is :glasses: but, I have checked Ebay and it seems to be a " money bag" I use for my keys and IPod. Check Ebay :smile:

Hope you get the perfect pouch :smile:
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I usually run around my neighborhood and only go when somebody else is home, but occasionally I've ventured out to other areas. When I do, I lock my keys in the car and take the door remote with me, pinned to my shorts. As for my iPhone, since I'm using the Runkeeper app I find looking at my speed really motivating so I just keep it in my hand.
  • tbtravels
    tbtravels Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If I don't need to carry water, I wear this one.. best belt ever, especially for us ladies who have hips. This one does not move around at all. I have always hated those that tend to flop around my small waist but will not stay put on my big hips. This is a dream:

http://www.ifitnessinc.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=8

When I need to carry water, I use a Nathan belt with water bottle holders and attach an separate key pouch clipped to the front for my iphone/ipod/key.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-NS2P.html

It took my a while to get set up well for a longer outside run, but now I'm good to go! Good luck!