April Shed challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ooohh..I want to do this.. I just found my DVD! Hmmm...maybe I am being too optimistic? I decided to start a 21 day total body makeover this morning (which is only 2-3/wk) and 30-45 minutes of cardio 5/wk. I THINK I can squeeze in 25 minutes of Jillian (I'm scared just saying that!) she really kicks butt!
    You can do it!!! That's why it's called a challenge, right!!!???!!
  • amo13
    amo13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Also, how should we do the measurements - send them to you or just keep them ourselves?
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    lol..so true! Alright I'm in!
  • kmsv123
    kmsv123 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in!! Hopefully this will motivate me to stick with it each day. I tried it for a few days about a month ago and stopped. I would love to see the results of 30 consecutive days!

I despise jumping jacks!!! Just throwing that out there now to get it out of my system!!
  • bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Love the shred :)
  • futuregill
    futuregill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can do this. Count me in
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Also, how should we do the measurements - send them to you or just keep them ourselves?
    Good question! Every Friday, starting with this Friday, I will re-post the Topic, "April Shred Challenge" and we can post it there (if we want to share0. Then on the Friday the 29th, I will post it one last time and we can all put our results in sometime by Monday, May 2. That way we all get a chance to measure and post and see our results! Thanks for the heads up on that!!!:wink:
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    This is Great! The scale alone has been depressing me lately.
    Maybe there should be a guide on which way we should be doing the measurements? Like is waist the smallest part where it goes in? Do we do bust wearing a bra?
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im in i have been doing the challenge but didnt keep up with how many days i did and skipped some days so im going to recommit to doing it on friday!!
  • Juno99
    Juno99 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need the motivation and accountability. Plus my tummy feel so flappy lately. Sorry TMI :blushing:
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Does anyone have a good guestimate of how many calories you can burn while doing your 30 min shred? I know if will vary person to person, depending on age, weight, height, etc. And I know it will depend also on which level you are on and how much effort you put in. But do you have a general idea? Like 250-300 maybe?
  • Pr3ttyNikki
    Options
    I'm in!! I actually started yesterday so I just finished Day 2...it really is a hard workout for someone like me that is pretty much never active. So I went online for some motivation to keep going and this site popped up. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good guestimate of how many calories you can burn while doing your 30 min shred? I know if will vary person to person, depending on age, weight, height, etc. And I know it will depend also on which level you are on and how much effort you put in. But do you have a general idea? Like 250-300 maybe?

I put it in as 20 minutes of Circuit Training General. For me it was 217 calories.
  • MamaBrownBear
    Options
    I'm in. I just bought it this week and was going to start it tomorrow since it's April 1rst and so happy I saw this!
  • jennymaree05
    Options
    Leave it to me to start TOM the day before I start a challenge...I'm still down though, just gonna be rough tomorrow!
  • GingerBreadGal
    Options
    I'm in! I actually just purchased a copy of her new Ripped in 30 DVD so I'll be doing that instead of the shred, but I'm sure she doesn't mess around in this series either!! :) Looking forward to it!!
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options

I put it in as 20 minutes of Circuit Training General. For me it was 217 calories.

Man I did 25 minutes of circuit training and for me it was 168 :(
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Did the shred this morning.

These measurements are from Tuesday but ill start measuring on fridays next week
    Arms:11
    Thieghs:22.5
    Bust:36
    Hips 38
    Waist:29.5
  • MamaBrownBear
    Options
    I started the Shred this morning and it's tough doing it when I have a 65 lb. dog thinking I'm down on the floor solely to play with him. Pushing him out of the way provided that extra exercise! ha!

I've very overweight and still had to modify on the jumping jacks and push-ups...have a hard time doing them but my goal is to be able to by the end of the month! Already feeling the exercises in my arms and legs!

April 1:
    chest: 53"
    waist: 49"
    hips: 58"
    thigh: 31"