Question for the lady runners....

Options
I gotta know... What type of underwear(if any) do you wear for running? I'm torn between comfort and VPL, and going commando seems a bit...sweaty.

What do you do?

Replies

• alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thong....commando....honestly, I end up soaked with sweat any way I do it so I just go with the mood!:wink:
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    comfort but i have a pair of sliding shorts or biking shorts you could call them that are really nice and seem to move better.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Thong, but that's what I always wear, anything else feels off
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Can't wear them personally :blushing: -- I wear tights. I do have one pair of runderwear :bigsmile: they are made by Under Armour -- I will wear them if I feel like I need to otherwise I will put shorts over the tights or long shirt or vest.
  • mkfehringer
    Options
    I run in tankini bottoms. I had trouble with normal undies either riding up or slinking down. Not a real commando person. Swimwear solved all problems and were already in the drawer.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Always have and always will--- go commando :)
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I wear boyshort underwear (girly boxer briefs) when I work out. It's what I normally wear.
  • amjmomma
    amjmomma Posts: 41
    Options
    I just use boyshort-style underwear. They said on the package that they don't ride up, and at first, this was true! =) Now, I think it might be time for some more! =)
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i always have to wear the shorts that are lined with the panty; therefore, no panty. :)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Since I wear volleyball low-rise 2.5" shorts to work out, I wear victoria's secret PINK's boyshorts.
    If I wear long form fitting pants, sometimes I do not wear underwear, or PINK's boyshorts.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it but I have to wear brief style undies in order to avoid wedgies while running. Normally I wear "hipster" or boyshort styles but they don't stay in place when the booty's shakin. :)
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I truly don't understand what the big deal is about VPL when working out (I've seen it come up multiple times).

There are just times when a girl needs to wear whatever is comfortable and running is one of those times!
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    what is "commando"?
    cammouflage colored underwear? military pants?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    what is "commando"?
    cammouflage colored underwear? military pants?

no undies
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    ohhh ok ok
    I didn't know that hehehe

Thanks!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    well to be honest. i wear granny panties when i run. LOL

but they dont shift around as much and i shower and change after workouts anyway.
  • cokpara
    cokpara Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thong, but you know there's a big difference between your hangout everyday wear undies and the ones you workout in. Prime example, lace undies... probably not the greatest idea. Learned that from years of experience, you just gotta find out what's right for you.
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Honestly...? Commando. I have yet to discover something that doesn't chafe, so I just ditched them all together. :P
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i go for comfort, personally i could do with ditching the sports bra and finding some sport pants i get some serious jiggling going on back there lol
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do the boyshort underwear that's in girl panty fabric - gives me some extra support and total butt coverage!