For those of you who bring lunches to work - Give me a list

Options

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I pack my bag to include lunches and normally 2 snacks.

Today's included:
    Lean Cuisine
    Wheat Pringles (16 chips)
    Banana
    Apple bites w/caramel

Other days I may pack:
    "Sammich"- either low cal bread w/cheese and 2 oz of meat, or Sandwich thin w/1 wedge laughing cow cheese and turkey pepperoni
    Strawberries
    Protein Bar
    Blueberries
    Chips of some sort
    etc
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I like to make big batches of soup on the weekends and use that for lunches. I freeze the rest of them and it is a yummy addition to any lunch.
  • jeebsah
    jeebsah Posts: 39
    Options
    I usually eat a lean cuisine and a piece of fruit ....its quick, easy, and i know exactly how much I'm eating. Other than that, whatever I bring has to be something that I can prepare on the weekend and bring for the whole week...like turkey chili, or bake pieces of chicken with rice and vegetables distributed into individual containers and freeze to last for the whole week. I hate having to think of something to eat every day I need to plan it out before hand otherwise I'll eat spontaneously....which is not good for me.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch: (and yesterday's and Monday's and even my dinner last night, I love it so much!)

1 serving lettuce (shredded)
    1 serving (1 oz) reduced fat cheddar (shredded)
    diced tomatoes (to taste)
    1 serving (3 oz cooked) chicken breast, diced
    2-3 servings (4-6 tbsp) low sodium salsa (i.e. Clint's Texas Salsa)

Heat chicken and then mix everything together. SO yummy!!!
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I try hard to stay away from processed foods, so usually my fiance and I cook a couple dishes on Sunday and use them for lunches throughout the week. We do homemade soups, stews, enchiladas, lasagna, salads, etc. It's nice to have a home cooked meal for lunch.

Other things that are staples for me:
    Chobani Yogurt
    Fresh fruit - bananas, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, melon, pineapple
    Hardboiled eggs
    Almonds
    Baby carrots or celery
    Light Wheat Bread
    Deli meat
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    -healthy leftovers from the night before
    -whole wheat pita with tzatziki and grilled chicken
    -homemade soups that i make on sunday (chicken, vegetable, and brown rice is very filling and satisfying)
    -fresh fruits
    -bag of healthy cereal
    -and ALWAYS a 100 calorie treat to ward off any vending machine meltdowns
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    We have a fridge and microwave so typically I bring left overs, sandwiches or salads and then yogurt, fruit, rice cakes, bell pepper strips, carrots, diet coke:happy:

A lot of times, I'll put sandwiches on the artisan flatbread or earthgrain buns which are 100 calories. Very yummy!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from those frozen/processed meals, so I cook once and eat like 3-5 times :)

I like to grill up a whole bag of boneless skinless chicken tenders and make a pot of whole grain brown rice on Sunday night. I always have frozen bags of veggies (Green Giant Steamers), Flat-Out wraps/orrowheat thins/ or Flat-Out Artisan bread, bags of fresh spinach/greens, hummus and shredded cheese. This can make:

1. Chix, rice and veggies, 2. Chix wraps ( I love to use a tbsp of hummus,greens and roasted red peppers) 3. Chicken salad...top with some almonds and feta cheese...so yummy!!! 4. I've also made chicken nachos, add some black beans, cheese and a few whole grain tortilla chips, mmmm! 5. chicken sandiwches 6. quesadillas...the possibilities are endless! And of course, there are leftovers ;)

Snacks: almonds, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, cheese sticks, natural peanut butter, 100 calorie popcorn and lots and lots of water :)

Hope this helps!
  • jcg926
    jcg926 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Usually 4 of the 5 days I'll take chicken rice and veggies (like the previous poster). I'll grill up a bunch of chicken on Monday and have that the rest of the week for lunch (only needs warmed in the microwave) and I use light raspberry dressing to flavor it.

On the off day, I will usually take a low fat ham or turkey deli sandwich.

Snacks:

Apple
    Banana
    Low fat string cheese
    Baby Carrots
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like to take a 100 calorie sandwich round & a little bit of pizza sauce & turkey pepperoni & a little bit of shredded mozzerella and toast it in the toaster oven to make little pizzas.
  • syl312
    syl312 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    non-fat yogurt plain with blueberries, raspberries or blackberries and add plain granola..
    Yummy and healthy snack.
    I usually bring 3 boiled eggs, spinach , cucumbers, carrots and tofu for lunch! or brown rice with veggies.. I alternate days!!
    I'm not into lean cuisines or those freezer foods.. goodluck and enjoy!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Today I had the Michelina's Lean Gourmet Buffalo Chicken Snacks with some fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. For snacks I have Blue Diamond Chili Lime Almonds, Honey Crisp Apple, Great Value FF blueberry yogurt.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Today I brought a whole wheat soft taco size tortilla and filled it with a quarter cup of white rice, some black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. YUM!

That sounds SOOOO good.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Kashi meals are my fav. Sometimes I add an extra serving of veggies to them.
    Single serving hummus with chopped veggies too.
    Lindt chocolate ball. ;)
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Salads, lots of salads (but I love them!). Sometimes I'll couple them with soup or a frozen meal (Amy's usually - once I went Amy's I couldn't go back to the others...!). My diary is public - feel free to check it out.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    sugar free plus fiber preserves
    Sara Lee 45 cal 100% muli grain bread

reduced fat cheese sticks
    Pretzels
    Apples
    Rice cakes (chocolate)
    berries
    Fiber one yogurt (least sugar I could find)

Check out my diary for more info :)
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Lots of leftovers! My hubby and I pretty much always cook meals that make 4-8 servings so that we can eat them for dinner that night and then lunch(es) later in the week. It keeps us from getting bored eating the same things for lunch every day, it gives us options besides cold stuff like salads or sandwiches and frozen dinners (we avoid processed foods), and we already know the calorie counts because they're always the same as the previous night's dinner. :smile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I eat a bunch of times throughout the day. Samples of the items I bring to work include:

- Make Egg Bake (message me for the recipe), cut into 6 servings and reheat at the office.
    - Greek Yogurt with cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup
    - Turkey, humus and bean sprout roll ups
    - String Cheese and an apple
    - 28 roasted, unsalted almonds
    - Cottage cheese with my favorite fruit cup (in water) mixed in (water drained as much as possible before mixing)
    - Bake a pork tenderloin, cut into 3oz servings and eat with the portioned out servings of the massive trays of veggies I roast each Sunday
    - Pot roast with veggies cooked ahead, portioned out and reheated at the office
    - Any recipe cooked ahead and portioned out, really :)
    - Your favorite lettuce/veg/protein in a fit and fresh salad shaker (the most amazing invention ever!) with 2oz of your fave dressing.

Charmagne
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    last night's dinner! I love left overs :)

Salad ideas: field greens with nuts, fruits, chicken, boiled egg, bacon (go lightly), cheese (again, in moderation), and light vinaigrette dressing-if any

Hearty sandwiches loaded with vegetables

Homemade soups (I love vegetable soups with lots of spice)

non fat vanilla Greek yogurt with added berries

sushi

Endless possibilities!