Wii fit exercise!!!

Options
I want to start logging my workouts but I don't know how to log my workout when I do wii fit. Their are all kind of thing you can do on wii fit. So how do you log it?

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I want to start logging my workouts but I don't know how to log my workout when I do wii fit. Their are all kind of thing you can do on wii fit. So how do you log it?
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i just make a wii fit and combine it all together...
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I log what I do seperately. They actually have hoola hoop in the exercise data base part of MFP, and running (jogging) in place, and yoga and those are all the things I do most on my Wii Fit.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That's what I did tonight I logged everything separately.:bigsmile:
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    Thats how I log it too...it seems to be accurate I guess.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me about the Wii Fit? So many people on here seem to use it, and I'm wondering if maybe I should ask for it for Christmas...how much did it cost...what types of exercises are there? is it a good workout? is there special equipment or is it like an exercise DVD? do you have to buy a lot of different disks for it or is there one main "exercise disk"? These are probably dumb questions but I really would like to know a bit about it from people who actually own one and have personal experience using it...thanks in advance!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about Wii. Is it worth investing in for exersise only? Is it really good exersise or you had main unit for your kid and you just using it?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I don't have wii fit but I do use the boxing and baseball that you get with the system. You really get a workout. I am usually sweaty after a boxing work out. I did ask for a wii fit for christmas and I usually get what I want from hubby. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Would it be considered circuit training? I really need a HRM
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been curious as well... Wii fit just seems too good to be true.

Can someone REALLY get a good workout from Wii? Can someone REALLY loose weight from Wii? Or should I stick with my sweatin to the Oldies?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me about the Wii Fit? So many people on here seem to use it, and I'm wondering if maybe I should ask for it for Christmas...how much did it cost...what types of exercises are there? is it a good workout? is there special equipment or is it like an exercise DVD? do you have to buy a lot of different disks for it or is there one main "exercise disk"? These are probably dumb questions but I really would like to know a bit about it from people who actually own one and have personal experience using it...thanks in advance!

You have to have the Wii system in order for the Wii Fit to work. The system costs around $249 and the wii fit is around $89, if you can find them in the stores. You might be able to get them both together online, maybe at ebay.
    there is a disk that comes with the wii fit that has yoga, strength training, aerobics (step, jogging, hula hoop, boxing) and balance games. I know when I do the boxing and the hula hoop I get a good workout, and the yoga is good for stretching. It also keeps track of your weight and you can set goals.
    The wii system usually comes with a disk (I think it's wii sports) that has some sports to play also.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Target has a free dvd telling about it. You might see if they have one of them to check it out.

I love mine - I used it for 30 minutes tonight and was sweating! Between running, hula hooping, strength stuff - whew!