Plateau

Options
I have never posted here. I am wondering... How does a person get past a plateau.

I eat right, I exercise and burn over my weekly calories here on myfitnesspal.com and I seem to have hit a wall. Has anyone else found this problem and how do I get past it? I would like to drop 20 to 30 more pounds.

Replies

• MissLedford87
    Options
    have you tried changing up your excersize routine?
  • astronima
    astronima Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm at the same place and will be excited to hear suggestions from others too. I've been there for about 3 weeks.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Try eating more for a week to kick-start your metabolism. Calorie-dense foods like nuts and other monounsaturated fats are a good option.
  • JJBRAY85
    JJBRAY85 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What I see usually is that the person isn't eating enuogh calories and there metabolism has slowed down to balance everything out. Try eating back your exercise calories if your not. Or maybe change your goal around to only 1 pound a week because you are getting kinda close to your goal.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A plateu is just your bodies way of say if you reality want this u need to work me smarter not harder and feed me better not less. All cals are not created equal. Yes ultimately its about cals in vs cals out bit the quality of those cals matter. Check out my page on Facebook at burns2bbeautiful for tips. But right now I can say us re evaluate what u are eating and if your workout routine has become boring or repetitive change it up or increase the intensity. If u don't feel the burn your body won't change, hence my name...b2bb...burns 2b beautiful lol :)hope this helps
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Thats a problem for me too. I have lost 20 lbs and suddenly I have hit a plateau.....
  • SherryLeeMiller
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses!! I have tried to change a few things in my exercise routine. I will have to keep changing it weekly. I do eat, but probably not enough on some days...

I wish you all luck!!
  • msumption
    Options
    It's natural to lose weight for a couple months and then hit a plateau for even up to a month. Don't panic unless you start gaining weight.
    Run a report of your diet and see if there is a problem with too much sodium or not enough fiber. You can also review your diet during the weeks you were losing and see if they differ from your recent weeks. As others have said, eating too little can also affect your metabolism. Even if you don't feel like eating all your calories, find some healthy addition to keep your total calorie intake level consistent.