31 pounds per year

Options
The avg. American consumes nearly 2 cans of soda per day equating to approx. 137 cups of sugar, 109,500 cals, and 31 pounds of fat per year!

Replies

• forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I'm living proof of that sad, sad fact! Thank goodness I've opened my eyes and reversed the trend...so sad to have to log a can of soda in my food log ;-)
  • KTNemo
    KTNemo Posts: 100
    Options
    The avg. American consumes nearly 2 cans of soda per day equating to approx. 137 cups of sugar, 109,500 cals, and 31 pounds of fat per year!

This statistic always shocks me. I don't even drink 2 cans of soda/week. Maybe I have this much per month, but not per day. That is insane! I'd reather get my sugar through baked goods. =P
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Some people believe that soda is also a contributor to osteoporosis. Evil stuff, it is!

Thankfully it is not one of my vices! (I have enough already!!)
  • nikkiiheat
    Options
    Glad I know that! Glad I cut out the sodas a while back! I refuse to drink my calories! I'm not going to get on an eliptical for 20 minutes just to burn off a can of soda that only took me 2 minutes to drink! lol.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ew! I'm really glad I don't drink soda. But that also means my fat comes from elsewhere as I only like drinking Water and tea! Grrr
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options

This statistic always shocks me. I don't even drink 2 cans of soda/week. Maybe I have this much per month, but not per day. That is insane! I'd reather get my sugar through baked goods. =P

Oh me too, I always buy it drink 1/3 of it and lose interest! My Dad drink at least 4-5 a day. And that is why he is so big, once he cuts it out of his diet he drops quickly.