Recommendation for Appetite Suppressant?

Flora_Delirus
Flora_Delirus Posts: 38
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!

My name is Heather and I'm addicted to sugar and food.

If there was a support group for food issues like there is for alchohol addiction, this would be my opening statement.

I do try to eat healthy but I have no willpower and no amount of motivation, happy thoughts, motivational sayings seem to help me.

Something that's worked in the past for me was some form of appetite suppressant. Now before everyone gets up in arms over using these, I have a set schedule of thee main meals and two to three snacks a day, keeping protien up, carbs and sugars down and watching the calories.

But my issues stems from sitting all day, being bored at work. When I'm bored, I want to eat... that's where the appetite suppressants have come in handy in the past. They've help curb those cravings between meals/snacks and for some reason, helps keep me from thinking about it. I don't know why, but there it is.

I'm struggling right now and I need a little boost to get me back on track again. Does anyone have suggestions for something I can buy OTC? I've used the Mega-T Green Tea supplement but I think after awhile your body gets used to certain things and it just wasn't helping any more (this was about 4 months ago that I ran out of it.)

But I'm also up to other suggestions. Gum doesn't work. Makes me more hungry. I'm just not sure what to do any more. I gain more will power the more success I have but I've plateaued and I'm getting frustrated and that just adds to the desire to just blow everything and eat eat eat...sweets, salty, anything. I know the 'why's' behind my eating issues but it's the 'controling' part that I'm having a huge problem with.

Replies

• Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Water.... I'm serious
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    I agree! Water is the answer! Drink lots inbetween meals!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    um..there are groups for food addicts.
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    When I am hungry or bored I chew on crushed ice! It works great. It's almost like it tricks the mind.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    1) Water
    2) Protein
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    When I am hungry or bored I chew on crushed ice! It works great. It's almost like it tricks the mind.

I do this too.

And yes. Water.
  • 1) Water
    2) Protein

3) Fiber.
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Acai Berry
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    I would reccomend AGAINST gum and really try to cut down on your sugar intake if you are finding yourself hungry. Sugar sends messages to your brain to keep eating and all sorts of fun things.

Instead look for: High protein and/or high fiber- especially early in the day. Eggs, Oatmeal (not the Quaker instant packets, but Quaker plain with a banana or other fruit. ) or peanut butter toast (more peanut butter, less toast). Greek yogurt is also really filling and also plan when you will snack and snack frequently. The assurance of knowing you have a "set time" and an upcoming snack helps you take your mind off of being hungry.
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Drink 2 glasses of water before you eat every meal. It helps fill you up a little bit so you don't over eat.:heart:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    I am hungry all the time. I have tried everything! Nothing works for me, not even water.

But there is a solution. It's a b***h, but it works.

Stomach size. Your stomach expands as you eat, and shrinks when food passes to your intestines. The problem is that it shrinks really slowly. So, if you can manage smaller individual meals even if you have to eat more often, the 'base' size of your stomach will eventually become smaller making you feel full faster and hungry less often. Of course, one large meal and you have to start all over again.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Water always helps me tons. Last night I wanted a snack out of habit, but I had downed a bottle of water around snack time, and the thought of eating was gross to me.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Cinnamon capsules have been working very well for me
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    drink tons of water that's what has helped me, for a snack I'd eat the weight watchers brownies (I'd tear it into small pieces) and I'd slam 3 24oz waters with it and I'd be to full to think of anything else. Now I've got myself down to hardly no snacking besides 1 sugar free chocolate jello, and I dont drink pop any more. And I set a thing in my mind that when I complete my entries for the day I like all my numbers to be green so one can a pop would set my sugar over by a ton so I made a bet with myself and quit with all the sugar so far so good I tried a pop a few weeks ago and I didn't like it at all. But drink lots and lots of water (some people say that doesn't help but trust me if you drink enough it will) I'd rather go to the bathroom a million times a day then to put all that junk in my body.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    I know that other people are saying this but drink WATER when you get hungry. By drinking the water it will fill your stomach up, tricking the mind that you are full. Also, drink ice cold water, because your body will burn a little bit of calories while trying to digest the water.

If you dont like drinking water you could always try mixing the crystal light packets into your water bottle. And you might try the special K protein water that might help too.
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Jamieson Natural
    Slim DOWN
    One
    Rapid Weight Management Supplement

>Helps control hunger!
    >Keeps you feeling full and satisfied!
    >Natural and caffeine free!

Combine with proper nutrition including lots of protein, fruits and veggies and drink TONS of water and you'll be on your way! :smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Cinnamon capsules will help you kill your sugar cravings. Increased protein intake with keep you satisfied.
  • I drink water or herbal tea (hot or cold). I was habitual snacker which contributed to putting on weight. I still crave the salt snacks which is why I keep them out of the house.
  • dudeness
    dudeness Posts: 2
    I also have a boring job and had the same problem, I drink mint tea with a teaspoon of honey in it - works for me :)
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    I drink a hot herbal tea with a bit of milk and it helps me a lot in the evening when I'm feeling snack-y.
This discussion has been closed.