Can anyone give any advice on ALLI?

Options
2»

Replies

• patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I looked into Alli and did quite a bit of research on it.
    Ultimately, the trend I saw with the reviews was that it helps, but minimally. I think at best it helps you lose an extra 5 lbs over a YEAR.
    With the side effects described by everyone else, I think it's probably not really worth having to buy pads, new undies, or diapers!
    If you try it, update us on how it's going.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    that sounds a bit better... sounded worrying to strip it of 100%... surely the docs wouldnt allow it on the market if it was...
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good advise similair to what i said,no magic,
  • schninie82
    Options
    thanks for that...
  • schninie82
    Options
    5lbs a YEAR????? It doesnt even sound worth it!!! Whats the point??
  • susanaz
    susanaz Posts: 24
    Options
    You had me at ANAL leakage........grossness!!!!!!!
  • Alarice10
    Alarice10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used Alli a couple of years ago & it helped tremendously! I lost 15lbs in 12 weeks & I've never been able to lose more than a couple of pounds no matter how hard I'd try. I never had an "accident" but if you eat too much fat & Alli starts to "work" lol, you'd better go soon! I mean, it won't leak out - at least, I never had that problem but I've read that other people have - but when you feel the pressure to go, you might want to or else you'll end up with stomach pains! I ended up gaining the weight back because I didn't stick with the changes I made - eating better, exercising, etc.

I'm also using Alli this time around as well & it does help. I make a conscious effort NOT to eat more fat than needed but if I do, I'm aware of the consequences. Since I've started MFP & Alli, I've only lost about 5lbs BUT I wasn't as committed at first & I started to get discouraged. Lately, I've adjusted my eating pattern to accommodate the higher metabolism that's come from burning the extra calories, I exercise diligently & take the Alli faithfully, along with other changes :) I found my inspiration & so far, everything is going great!

I hope everyone does well with whatever you decide to do!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ewwww this sounds gross!

I always thought (as a fairly intelligent woman) that there is not a quick or easy way to lose weight properly. If only people would realise this.

Sigh.
  • schninie82
    Options
    Yeah it was something I was considering a few months back... I didnt bother in the end, good old fashioned exercise and watch what goes on the plate is working just great right now...16lbs down since new year..Im happy with the steady loss thanks xx