Just signed on!

Options
Hello! I just signed on a few minutes ago and logged in what I have been doing. My name is T and I need to lose weight in a very bad way. I am about 80 pounds overweight. Most of the pounds have crept on in the last 10 years, 5 pounds here, 8 pounds there. Normally, I shy away from 'organized' weightloss programs such as weight watchers and Jenny craig, ect. And signing onto a weightloss board is the last thing I ever thought I would do, but here it goes.
What lead me to this 'I got to do it for real this time' moment? Well, lots of things. Pictures on facebook, my son wondering what it would be like to have a 'skinny' mom, my health, ect. A friend of mine is trying to quit smoking, but she always has excuses as to why she cant. I was giving her a hard time last week and she said that I didnt know how hard it was to quit, then she went on to list every excuse in the book why she couldnt. I told her they were all excuses and if I could quit 16 years ago, so could she. But then it got me thinking: I need to lose weight, but I make every excuse I can think of as to why I dont get up in the morning (its cold, its dark, i'm tired) and why that one more piece of whatever wont hurt me. I vowed to myself that all the excuses are gone. I want to lose 80 pounds, and that's final.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Add me if you like! This site is great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kristyyoung
    kristyyoung Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love this site. There is so much support here! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You came to the right place:) everyone here is very supportive and motivational. There are so many tools here to help you reach your goals and possibly beyond. Feel free to add me if you would like feel and good luck on your journey!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. Lots of good support, which helps with accountability. It is a really nice community.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hey T welcome i'm happy to give you support feel free to add me