Mini Meals

Options
Good morning to all,

I was thinking about mini meals. Do any of you do 6-8 mini meals per day or do you eat 3 square meals per day?

If you do eat mini meals, how to you work it in your daily schedule along with work and so on?

I am very curious about mini meals. How does it work for you? Is it hard to start? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel as far as being hungry or not hungry at all? How do you stay in your calorie range?

So many questions.... I am so curious :blushing:

Thank you for reading

Shari

Replies

• spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all,

I was thinking about mini meals. Do any of you do 6-8 mini meals per day or do you eat 3 square meals per day?

If you do eat mini meals, how to you work it in your daily schedule along with work and so on?

I am very curious about mini meals. How does it work for you? Is it hard to start? Have you noticed a difference in how you feel as far as being hungry or not hungry at all? How do you stay in your calorie range?

So many questions.... I am so curious :blushing:

Thank you for reading

Shari
  • msblondy16
    Options
    As a courtesy to those around me, I eat about 5-6 times a day or roughly every 3-4 hours. I get suuuppper cranky and tired as soon as my blood sugar drops. I don't know if I would call them all "meals," but here is what I usually do: oatmeal for breakfast, a glass of milk and an apple or pear for mid-morning, leftovers for lunch (whatever my family has frozen for me - always good :happy: ), a piece of whole-grain bread with cheese or another apple/pear and 10 almonds for mid-afternoon, and then another leftover meal or dinner at my cousin's. Sometimes I will eat applesauce or something a couple hours after dinner if I am hungry, but I usually don't get to dinner until around 8 so that is not so frequent.

I work in a lab but I keep a bowl of fruit and almonds at my desk at all times. Raisins are also really good to eat at your desk but careful because they are kind of high in calories so you can't really just mindlessly snack on them. I also love to mix dry oatmeal and yogurt and leave it in the fridge overnight and eat it as a snack the next day. It is really good and full of lots of good stuff! I hope this helped a little! Sorry for going on forever...:flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I eat all the time...probably 4 small meals plus my main meals...
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I usually do three meals with snacks! If I lived on my own the I would probably do more "mini meals" but my husband likes big dinners