How to get a flat tummy

Michelle_isthebestest
Michelle_isthebestest Posts: 13 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone,

So I have been training for a half a marathon and have seen some results, but i was wondering if anybody could help me perfect my diet so that i can get a flat tummy. Its the one place that I feel I am not seeing any results at all. Any info would help!

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Hey there,

Are you trying to get rid of body fat around the stomach or loose skin?
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    i use a gym ball and do stomach crunches, u can def feel my stomach muscles now, but i have always had a fairly flat stomach:smile:
  • Hi
    I seem to be having the same problem. I don't have much fat or loose skin but I do have some, and I'd like to get rid of it. I'm eating less than 1500 calories a day, and i'm going to move onto less than 1300. But I can't seem to shake this stomach flab! How can I?
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    bump
  • I'm right there with you... I know you can target where you lose fat, but there has to be some way to get rid of it. I am to the point where I am losing body fat everywhere else--but my stomach!

Please help!
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Yes please - if anyone's got any tips on this, i'd love to hear them...i'm confused about the benefits of spot training, I thought you had to do loads of cardio to lose fat however it's not shifting off my stomach either.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    I saw several years ago on Dr Phil. His wife said she was always thin, but could not get rid of the "pooch" and the only way she did it was by alleviating all sugar from her diet. She claimed that is what did it.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    I haven't tried this yet, but I've read online that if you cut refined sugars from your diet, it should help.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    bump
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    I'm just bumping it..curious for some more info.:bigsmile:
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as spot removal of body fat.

The best solution is to lower carbs, slight calorie deficit and high intensity interval training.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    certain foods cause bloating. you can google this. watch your salt and sugar intake. increase water a little more than what you normally consume... all of this has really helped me.
  • I know that. that is what most of us want to work on. I think of it as the "flat stomach syndrome". I dont have afully 6 pack, but I am seeing it go down each week. I try to do 500 crunches a day. But you also need to work your entire core muscles. Including your back! I would try and find a track and field core workout and do that, because that is the #1 thing in track is a great core!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Jillian Michales workout DVD called 6 week 6 pack....
  • draya114
    draya114 Posts: 46 Member
    Someone recently told me that their doctor told them cinnamon will increase their metabolism and help fight belly fat. You can buy cinnamon supplements or add it into your diet daily. I'm not sure if this is true, but I bet it is something google could answer for you!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    cinnamon is also a natural appetite suppressor!
  • And you can buy "Cinnamon Supplements"? Huh... never seen that before! I will have to keep an eye out for them the next time I go! Thanks!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_Hp1Wf52k this is probably hands down the best ab workout for your time, but to get them to show you need to be about 10% bodyfat to see ab definition.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    i go to bikram yoga...i met a mexican girl who was like super HOT!!absolutely no extras anywhere in her body...i asked her how do u do it...
    she replied..its been 7 years since i ate sugar or flour!!
    I freaked out..not sure if id ever be able to that in my life...thought it might help...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I have read that Lactic Acid training can help. In dealing with stomach fat you are dealing with not just the fat, but the hormone Cortisol. In Lactic Acid training you seeking to produce the most Lactic Acid you can, then your body produces Growth Hormone to deal with it, and that will help counter the effects of Cortisol. I have a brief post on it here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rileysowner/view/lactic-acid-training-87504
This discussion has been closed.