I am NEVER eating a brat again.

Options
Ever. :noway: I had 1 link. I knew it wasn't healthy, but thought I would be able to mitigate it by having no bun.

Doesn't effin matter. It sucks no matter how you slice it. I was looking for those chicken apple sausages, but my store didn't seem to have them, so I got the brat instead.

Never. Again.:grumble:

That is all.

Replies

• wilyz
    wilyz Posts: 37
    Options
    hahaha
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I used to love brats on the grill in the summer. Not anymore, once I actually read the label instead of just grabbing them I was shocked.:noway: Just thinking I used to eat 2-3 of those things was crazy! I think I will replace the brats with chicken kabobs this summer.:wink:

On a side note, I have seen the chicken ones in my Safeway. I think the sodium is still super high in them though. :grumble:
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I used to love brats on the grill in the summer. Not anymore, once I actually read the label instead of just grabbing them I was shocked.:noway: Just thinking I used to eat 2-3 of those things was crazy! I think I will replace the brats with chicken kabobs this summer.:wink:

Ugh me too! Mine were the Cheddar brats, we discovered them and ate them for a summer before I started losing weight. I would eat one at a time, but it would be three times a day!! They were so good on the BBQ, but now I tell myself, they are CRAP!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wonder how good the turkey brats are?
  • chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We love the Chicken w/ spinach & asiago cheese. 110 calories a link and all natural no preservatives. YUM
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The Jennie-O Turkey Brats are actually pretty good. They are absolutely insane on the sodium front (I think 700 mg per link), but quite tasty.
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options

On a side note, I have seen the chicken ones in my Safeway. I think the sodium is still super high in them though. :grumble:

The Al Fresco chicken ones are pretty good and while sodium can still be high (about 500 mg for 1 link, they don't have a lot of process and no added crap like msg, sugar, etc.
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Never say never....ha ha but you should try the Johnsonville Turkey with Cheddar, only 120 calories per brat, yes there is about 700mg of sodium but you can find that amount in the average frozen microwave meal too. With that turkey brat, load up on 2-3 cups of fresh fruit for an under 300 calorie summer picnic meal. That fits my dietary budget pretty well, only because I hate to be a party pooper at the Big Picnic.:flowerforyou: