How long till tummysacks shrinks?

Options
Ok, so I have been eating most of the day.... but smaller meals...

I had my cheerios for breakfast, a blazin sandwhich for lunch, 13 milk duds, 2 cups of milk, one donut (was going nuts on cravings normally Id have 4 so its an improvement), banana, a microwave dinner, another banana one fullbar, 5 cups of water..

and my tummy is GROWLING at me, the whole day I have not felt full for more than 20 minutes...

I have a large tummy sack, and I can easily eat between 3000-4000 calories a day, which is now down to 1900 somewhere...

And now Im hungry... I am already over my calorie count so I cant have more and I am heading to bed soon so I can run to work in the morning and eat... but how long until your stomach adjusted to the smaller meals?

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Mine took about 2 weeks. :)
  • mattb84
    mattb84 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not sure what a blazin sandwich entails, but you drop the 13 milk duds, the donut, the microwave dinner, and maybe a little less milk and you should be able to put a lot more filling nutritious food in your day. That will solve a lot of your problems. Also shoot for at least 8 cups of water a day. Water helps give you the sensation of feeling full.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    your eating alot of unsatisifying foods, high cal,low content...eating more veggies will help you stay fuller and under your calorie count.. try eating a veggie egg white omlette with breakfast instead of just cheerios.. it should help...
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    try a baked potato with a tbsp of low cal/fat/sodium butter. only 190 cals and lots of protein and helps with full feelings.
  • ravennessa
    Options
    Had no time to fix decent food today.. with two jobs and demanding stuff around me it just wanst there on top of it im mid move so there wont be no cooking until another 10 days.. after that food will be easier to manage.. and I HAD to have chocolate today, I had a horrible craving thus the duds and the donut... I am a bad sugar addict.... (it was basically eat the sugar or kill someone state of mind)

but I will have to try my ways out as well to find what do fill me better... but I also know I do have abig tummy sack.. my bf is around the 350 marker somewhere if I remember right and I can almost outeat him... Hence I cant wait for my stomach to adjust then it will be easier....

I appreciat the food tips though, I am writing everything down and once I get settled and can start cookign again :D Oh I cant wait..
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I rarely felt hungry, if I had, I wouldn't still be doing this.

If I was in your shoes, I would focus on different food choices, at least until your tummy shrinks. Your diary for the day seems to be high in carve and sugars, and low in protein. Eggs, whole grain toast and fruit for breakfast, maybe berries instead if bananas. Chicken and salad for lunch. Veggies, meat, brown rice for dinner. Snacks of cheese and apples, peanut butter and celery. Don't waste calories on drinks. Theses are just sone ideas of how to change your eating habits, helping you to stay full longer.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Had no time to fix decent food today.. with two jobs and demanding stuff around me it just wanst there on top of it im mid move so there wont be no cooking until another 10 days.. after that food will be easier to manage.. and I HAD to have chocolate today, I had a horrible craving thus the duds and the donut... I am a bad sugar addict.... (it was basically eat the sugar or kill someone state of mind)

but I will have to try my ways out as well to find what do fill me better... but I also know I do have abig tummy sack.. my bf is around the 350 marker somewhere if I remember right and I can almost outeat him... Hence I cant wait for my stomach to adjust then it will be easier....

I appreciat the food tips though, I am writing everything down and once I get settled and can start cookign again :D Oh I cant wait..
    i don't cook much either, i call it baked but 6 min in micro wave....lol good luck with the move.
  • stkennedy64
    stkennedy64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try almonds. Just a handful between meals keeps me going and helps from feeling hungry. Almonds add to your fat content but they have much more benefits to aiding in dieting, heart health and lowering cholesterol.
  • ravennessa
    Options
    :( I love my milk....
    I often drink about half a gallon of skim a day... to only drink two cups... was hard....
    Im just gonna have to up the exercise.. I dont think I can live without milk...

and oh I had four cups of grapes too... I forgot them...

Once I move it will be eaier for me to prep good meals... I should prolly have waited another two week to make it a bit eaier for me but i looked at the app and got excited...

and I do like almonds, I have them at work so I can get some rather easily... I dont fill my fat quota anyhow so that might be a good thing :D
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The tricks to feeling fuller for longer are:

- fiber
    - protein
    - high-volume, low-cal food

I understand that you have time and space constraints right now, so you may want to look into things that you don't have to cook and can assemble from the fridge or that take only simple microwaving.

- Multigrain crispbread plus peanut butter or cottage cheese
    - Canned tuna -- for a super-high calorie snack I like to mix it with cottage cheese, green onions etc, but you could also just open a mini-can of corn or peas and mix with that. Eat on crispbread.
    - Similarly, make a batch of hard-boiled eggs and use them one by one during the week.
    - Pop a sweet potato into the microwave. Eat with a piece of cheese.
    - Keep on hand ready-to-eat carrots and celery. Dip in hummus.
    - For cravings of sweet things, keep on hand apples, berries and grapes.

The above are not highly processed, in general, and I think that the key to getting your feeling of satiation under control is to eat less processed / deli foods. However, if you need to have even more convenient/ready-made things, you can find some relatively low-processed high-protein/fiber bars.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    If you're days were 3000-4000 calories... maybe you'd better start cutting down calories slowly instead of going down to half of what your tummy was used to. Stick to a max of 3000 for a week, then go down to 2500 for a week, then to 2000 for another week, and then only try to stay below 2000. That gives your tummy time to adjust to the new quantities. Don't try to do all at once, you might not manage it.

MM
  • loviebear26
    loviebear26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudgesicles are my life saver....40 calories in one and it usually does the trick... if not I have another.... I'm a sugar feen too and its hard but it actually does get easier to say no....
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    If you're days were 3000-4000 calories... maybe you'd better start cutting down calories slowly instead of going down to half of what your tummy was used to. Stick to a max of 3000 for a week, then go down to 2500 for a week, then to 2000 for another week, and then only try to stay below 2000. That gives your tummy time to adjust to the new quantities. Don't try to do all at once, you might not manage it.

MM

I agree with this.
    If you try and reduce too drastically too quickly, you run the risk of feeling frustrated, hungry, and giving up.

Start off by making reduced calorie choices of your normal food and trying to cut down the quantities gradually.
    This is a journey. You dont have to begin with the perfect diet straight away.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ur having too much sugar, ur body is wanting more and more...i love milk too but u need to keep it at 3 servings a day......hopefully ur not eating a few calories ur good on 1600 ......
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Instead of all the high empty carb treats, keep fruits onhand. Apples are very filling.
    The almonds as well give a full feeling quickly. Also, make sure your drinking your water. That helps you feel full as well.

Drop all the bad stuff, replace it with good stuff and you will see your cravings diminish.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    On days when I eat a lot of high-carb foods, I find myself hungry all the time even if I have eaten a lot. More protein and some good fats should help a little.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You are eating too many simple carbs and sugar, which burns off fast and leaves you feeling hungry again. Eat more protein and fiber and you'll feel fuller longer.
  • staceylaines
    Options
    I'm new to this site, but I've learned a lot about nutrition in the past decade. (Just not so good at FOLLOWING what I know, lol!)

Anyway, as other have said, you're taking in a lot of sugar/carbs. As a fellow sugar addict, I know it can be hard to stop, but if you want to feel less hungry, it's critical. Sugar burns off too fast, which is why you feel constantly hungry. I don't buy the stomach-shrinking thing...you can eat 1500-1800 calories a day and still have volume. It's just about choices.

Some have mentioned eating apples. For some people, that works as a filling food. For me, not so much. I eat an apple and am actually hungrier in 20 minutes because of the natural sugar content. Here's what's been working for me: lunch is a pre-cooked chicken breast with a cup of brown rice and a cup of green beans (brown rice I make on Sundays and it lasts all week). I have a cup or two of milk with lunch. This means volume, good carbs, and protein.

For snacks, I eat nuts (almonds, cashews, whatever you want) with a piece of fruit. The protein/natural sugar combination helps keep me satisfied longer while also having something sweet.

Hope that helps you...I know it's helped me!
  • ravennessa
    Options
    I wanted to say thank you I picked up almonds today and they did a better job for me to fill... I had two servings.. I did cheat and had my milk duds again, but I made sure I also exercised them off... I have come to the conclusion that I do need a little chocolate every day.. but Ill go out and get the dark one here soon.. I bought the lean cuisine meals as food substitutes till I can cook for myself again... When Im eating my evening banana here in a bit, then I am still 164 calories left for today :D I also decided that if I should fail and go over a bit here in the beginning till I have adjusted myself I am not going to kick my own butt about it cause that made me more sad yesterday and made the frustration even harder.. so today when I ahd the craving I had my lunch, then I had milk duds as desert with one serving of almonds, little later again I had another serving of almonds and then I had my nap time..

But you guys really did help me last night, I was stressing out, work being the big culprit, but it triggers my comforteating response.. and the weather is so bad I cant walk the dog either :(

So I just wanted to say thank you for setting my mind straight, joining this place might have been one of my smartest moves in a while :D
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet and I don't know how much u r drinking but water helps a lot. Your body can feel hungry when it is actually dehydrated. If I feel hungry between meals I drink a couple of cups of water and that helps until eating time.