To all you Cereal Eaters out there......

Options
Hi gang! Im starting to like eating breakfast more and more and love cereal occasionally. I think im buyin healthier cereal w/ Raison Bran, etc, when I really wanna buy Capt'n Crunch! lol :bigsmile: Anywho..would like to see what healthy choices everyones eating cereal wise so I can get some healthier not so loaded w/ sugar options:happy:

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Check your label on the Raisin Bran. Many of them have quite a bit of added sugar. (not trying to be a downer--just wanted to let you know). I love Raisin Bran. It is one of my favorite cereals and I was surprised to see how much added sugar there is. :brokenheart: I love plain spoon sized shredded wheat. :bigsmile:
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Vanilla Almond, or Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat crunch!! :) But I REALLY Love Peanut butter Captain Crunch...just can't eat it now!! LOL
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like the Uncle Sam cereal, sweetened with stevia.

I also like the Kashi GoLean. It has 13g of protien and 10g of fiber.

Raisin Bran is FULL of sugar.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I really love the Kashi Go Lean! Crunch cereal...that would have to be my favorite...and it's loaded with fiber.

I'll throw in blueberries or strawberries sometimes...great!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am quite liking Honey Readybrek (I hate porridge) and also Nestle Honey Oats and More. Shreddies are doable too and Weetabix is one of my regular breakfasts! :)
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    My new :heart: is Strawberry Yogurt Cheerios... YUMMMMO! I eat 1.5 servings with 1 full cup of skim milk. I think it's like 270 calories :happy: Good luck!
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Cheerios for me most days.... :smile:
  • Jazzy_Maria
    Jazzy_Maria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    cheerios are my favorite!! my problem has always been that I eat waaaaaay more than a serving in one sitting. I like a BIG bowl!!!

I've also just started eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch mixed into my vanilla greek yogurt! pair with some strawberries, and this a delish light b-fast!!!
  • indiethought
    indiethought Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love cereal too! I've switched from Lucky Charms to Kashi Strawberry Fields -- organic, whole grain and only 9 grams of sugar and 120 calories per serving (1 cup)! I also really like the Kashi 7-grain flakes, but if you like sweet, go with the Strawberry Fields!
  • pbattle106
    pbattle106 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My fav is Frosted Mini Wheats!!!!:smooched:
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K cereals and for a sweet treat I'll do their Chocolaty Delight brand - yum!
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    Just finished a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax w/almond milk....YUMMM!!!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like Special K Blueberry
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm a fan of all kashi - esp the autumn wheat. also eat kelloggs fiber plus cinnamon oats and multi grain cheerios. also plain mini shredded wheat with a packet of truvia & 1/4 C of blueberries! (occasionally the raisin bran too - just in moderation! :))
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    Cheerios and fiber one original with stevia and almond milk.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Original and Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    quacker oat squares are good. Plus make your own granola!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios, Banana Nut Cheerios and occasionally I will get Total Almond Flax Seed.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like Kelloggs - Fiber Plus Antioxidants Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cereal. It's like a cinnamon cherrio with fiber added.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Quaker Corn Bran... OMG it is seriously captain crunch for grown ups... if you really really love captain crunch... you will really really love this. still has some sweetness... but its delicious!