Great recipe site

Options
If you haven't been to skinnytaste.com you need to check it out! There are so many great recipes, and she lists all the nutritional information. If you are a weight watchers person she tells how many points the food is worth.

Just thought I would share, because I love this site so much, and have been using it a lot!!

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• christina_michelle
    Options
    bump !

Can't wait to look later :)
  • MandeeSue
    MandeeSue Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks, Im going to go check it out :)
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Took a quick peek and it looks great.. thank you!
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will definitely check it out!!
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    Thanks for the site! I will have to check it out. I have used about all of the recipes on allrecipes.com healthy 300 calorie or less sooo i really needed some new ones!!
  • veggeslady
    Options
    bump
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nice site. Thanks
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I loooove skinnytaste.com. A couple of recipes from there have become some of our regular go-to meals. They are often easy recipes and almost always include only stuff we already have in our kitchen. It's fantastic!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I took a look and this site is amazing. Thanks!
  • az1cowgirl
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    took a peek at this website...LOVE IT! thank you for posting!!
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site! I will have to check it out. I have used about all of the recipes on allrecipes.com healthy 300 calorie or less sooo i really needed some new ones!!

just got this one from that site, and it is Chinese Southern Living Light recipe. (hope it's ok to post the recipe copied and pasted?)

Spicy Asian Noodles with Chicken

Bring the flavor of your favorite takeout to the dinner table in no time. Add a snow pea sauté to complete the meal.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)

1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
    1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
    1 (6.75-ounce) package thin rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
    2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts

1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, chicken, and next 6 ingredients (through sambal).

2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. Cut noodles into smaller pieces. Add noodles to bowl; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.

CALORIES 381 ; FAT 8.1g (sat 1.5g,mono 3.2g,poly 2.7g); CHOLESTEROL 60mg; CALCIUM 55mg; CARBOHYDRATE 47.1g; SODIUM 614mg; PROTEIN 27.5g; FIBER 2.3g; IRON 3.1mg

Cooking Light, MARCH 2009

YUMMY !!! I have HAD this and it is great!!:tongue:

Also saw one on The Today Show, from a new book out by "Hungry Girl"? 300 calories or less recipes

She took large portabella mushroom caps, turned up, baked for 8 minutes with no oil or anything to soften them,
    then covered with crushed tomatoes mixed with garlic, oregano, etc, spices,
    then 1 low fat string cheese pulled or sliced to cover it, then turkey pepperoni, chopped onions, chopped the mushroom stems, black olives, etc,

then baked it until cheese melted and had individual pizzas for, what she said, were under 150 calories each, and looked really good , healthy, and filling!!! She also suggested using eggplant as the pizza crust, as well. You could go under The Today Show. com, and find actual recipe if you want anything exact measurements, calories, fat grams (hardly any according to her) , or check out the book itself.

Just thought I would share!:blushing:
  • DawnBelle
    DawnBelle Posts: 56
    Options
    Sounds great!! I can't wait to try it, and check out the site. Thank you!!
  • Rekeca
    Rekeca Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Lutiebelle
    Lutiebelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looked great until I discovered there are no listings for sodium content. Very important for those on low-sodium diets.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check it out. Thanks for sharing!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My other favorite site is www.peasandthankyou.com
    Love it!
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    thanks!!