Cinnamon

Options
Has anyone heard if cinnamon is good for weight loss?

Replies

• jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it works but a friend of mine is trying it and she is burping up cinnamon all the time. I was going to try it until she told me that..
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    its a blood sugar stabilizer so yes it can aid in fat loss, try not to exceed 1.5 tsp/day though as it is also a highly effective blood thinner above that dosage.
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have heard it increases metabolism rate
  • jimmyd343
    jimmyd343 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it will make u lose weight, but there is proof that it can supress your appetite
  • mwhartley
    mwhartley Posts: 35
    Options
    I have heard that is works the same way as green tea. I am not so sure about the burping part. I think a little goes a long way with Cinnamon. I am thinking about trying it with my oatmeal to give it a little flavor when I am out of fruit.
  • cframe800
    cframe800 Posts: 11
    Options
    Interesting...what would you mix it in to get it?

Im thinking oatmeal or possibly apple sauce
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I put 1/4 teaspoon in my coffee and it seems to help with digestion. I don't get that heavy feeling in my stomach the way I do when I have plain coffee.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have it in my greek yogurt every morning
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What is a good way to "take" cinnamon?
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love to sprinkle cinnamon on a sliced apple or pear. So good!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Cinammon supplements are fairly easy to find. Once I finish this bottle, I'm going to try the cinammon/chromium supplements. I burp cinammon too, but given how much cinammon sugar-free gum I eat a day, it doesn't bother me.
  • TracyR1968
    Options
    I know you can also buy it in vitamin form as well! Easy peasy that way :)
  • 4everm3
    4everm3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I was just reading it. This is what it says : Daily in the morning, 1/2 hour before breakfast on am empty stomach and and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon power boiled in one cup water. If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I take it in vitamin form so idont know about burping it up. I have also heard of taking cranberry. Any thoughts. Anyone have vitamin knowledge.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had never heard this, but I'm thrilled! I put cinnamon on my breakfast almost every morning, whether it oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, cottage cheese... Yum!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I take 2000mg in pills every day... I dropped 4 pounds the first week I started it. I read in a study that it regulates blood sugar, boosts metabolism and suppresses appetite... So... I don't know if it works for everyone, but it is definitely working for me! :)
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I was just reading it. This is what it says : Daily in the morning, 1/2 hour before breakfast on am empty stomach and and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon power boiled in one cup water. If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet

Okay, I love cinnamon, but it definitely isn't *that* effective in terms of "burning" fat. If it were, no one would be fat.

It has a lot of antioxidants, but honestly, don't put any stake into it (or any kind of supplement, spice or specific food) providing you with any measurable change in weight or fat loss.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Fav ways to take it:
    1 sprinkle some on some toast with honey
    2 in coffee in place of sugar or artificial sweeteners
    3 in a protein shake
    4 On sweet potato with a pat of real butter
    5 in any deserts you make

Cinnamon does not burn fat, it helps regulate blood sugar hence fat loss, it does not burn off fat and its not a miracle pill.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    hey i love cinnamon too...
    it's a total classic on steel cut oatmeal, with apples, ... & honey or maple syrup
    i like to add walnuts, flax seeds or almonds... berries..._any_ fruit
    this morning I had a nicely ripened pear ready so I used that
  • 4everm3
    4everm3 Posts: 22
    Options
    yea I have never tried it. someone just gave me a health book and that is what I was reading when I clicked on this. it's has cinnamon in it alot. It does sound like it was to good to be true.