Baby Names!

Options

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I love Eli, because that's my baby's nickname, Elijah is his full name. But, I think Eli and Isaac are overkill together. I liked Isaiah, but grouped with Eli it didn't work. I agree with the poster who said you need either a 1 or 3 syllable name. So, James, Jameson is nice for 3 syllables. I am out of ideas. hahaha, but you get the picture. 1 or 3 syllable and I'm sure it will go beautifully with Isaac. Isaac is beautiful, btw.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'd also steer clear of 2 vowel starts in a row (Eli Isaac doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Hunter Isaac or Dexter Isaac)

Dexter has both good and bad connoctations right now, he was a smart and clumsy child genius in Dexter's Lab cartoon, and he's also a smart and cunning serial killer in the series many mentioned already. These are social icons still fresh in many people's minds, and while it may not effect the life of the child in any major way, it is something to consider.

Also, since many people do not mention middle names, see how the first name rings with your last. I always enjoyed that both my first and last name have 5 letters and 2 syllables. I did NOT enjoy that I can't shorten Sarah to anything cool (like Mackenzie got to be called Mackie, and David was called Dave).

Very personal and all up to you!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!

I think Kaiden, Brayden, Hayden, Aiden (you get the idea) is played out. A lot of people around me have named their babies one of those names, but maybe where you are, it's not as popular.

My best friend just named her baby boy Wesley and calls him Wes.

I love Liam, Jace, Jackson, Perry, Jameson.

Much luck to you!!

i can not agree with you more about the en names being played out. And, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Jackson
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I have two boys : Talan and Tarren.

We were considering Quinten and Grayson for a while.

Our names are so common we wanted something a little different for the kids. We went with common names for their middle names, just in case at 15 they were like I DO NOT like this and then they could just go with their middle names...do I think that would happen? No, but I felt comfortable rationalizing with myself that way!!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    alright alright alright! i cave! i surrender!:happy:

i think Luke or Pierce would sound nice with Isaac.
    (and although this one breaks my usual rules; i also think Clinton would work quite well)
  • MissLedford87
    Options
    i love the name grayson, my hubby refused to let me name my son that lol, so we went with Shane.
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love Eli - that's a great name - one of my best friends just named her little guy that :)
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I named my son Gavan (usually spelled Gavin). i know my next child will be Carsan or Carsyn if a girl ;)

I do love the name Dexter and I watch the show also.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATS! :happy:

Now...just remember you're naming someone who will be an adult for the vast majority of his life. Please, for his sake, don't name him a cute toddler name. lol I love Hunter but I feel bad for the grown-up Hunters. ;p

Slightly unique is good, too! But, I'm biased. ;)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    drayven, xavier, kelton
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Puke...because then there is no need to worry kids will rhyme it with something bad.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I have an Owen Xavier and Gavin Alexander. I LOVE the name luke. I also like Jackson. Kearen. Elijah is a beautiful name....I'm not much help...just throwin some names out. I like Karson too.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Puke...because then there is no need to worry kids will rhyme it with something bad.

:laugh:

Now that was funny.

Sincerely, McKay...or as kids in elementary school would have you believe: McGay.

:laugh:
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    oh and i like Logan!!
  • danlkrim
    danlkrim Posts: 7
    Options
    My husband and I considered a lot of names before settling on Andrew Kai.
    This was a compromise on a traditional name and a fun, interesting name.
    If you choose a name that can be shorted, you may want to consider how the nickname will go with your last name.
    In my case, if Andrew wants a nickname, I'll try to steer him towards Drew. I like the nickname Andy, but our last name is Danley and I'm not too fond of Andy Danley. That was my only hesitation with Andrew.
    This is an important decision. Some names sound great on a kid, but not so much when they are an adult and you want the whole name to sound right.
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    My two boys are Ashton Frederick and Avery Vincent :) That Girl (my daughter <3) is Elizabeth Paige. We call her Paige (or That Girl).
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Dexter
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Whatever name you decide on, stand around and shout it over and over again for several hours. If it rolls off the tongue easily and you still like it then use it! Remember you will be screaming this name at him for at least 16 years (the first 2 years are the good ones when you aren't constantly saying their names over and over usually at the top of your lungs) so be sure it flows well especially when you are stressed out. :bigsmile:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We're done and I have two girls. :D Grayson, Bennett, Benjamin, Hudson... were some of the tops on our list. I thought boys names were hard. Good luck--your current name choices are cute too!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My kids are Aeryn (girl) and Devon (boy)...my niece Kiera (girl) and Eamon (boy)....I had other boys names picked out as Liam and Talyn and Gaylen