"Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like

Options
I know some people who eat this way, and I know some who eat kingly at each meal. How does your menu compare, and have you seen good results? :smile:

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually breakfast like a prince, lunch like a king, dinner like a pauper. I wake up early and exercise early, so by midday my stomach is a bottomless pit. I tend to go over calories that way, but I like it better than starving all day and eating even more at dinner.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-5 meals per day, usually all are the same size. It works for me. I dont care how late I eat.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I eat the most at dinner- knowing a big meal is coming up helps me "behave" myself a little more during the day, and I have something to look forward too. I never know what's going to come up, so I get nervous using most of my calories earlier in the day.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast like a pauper. Then I eat 5 more equal meals, with dinner usually being about 150 calories more that the rest. It works for me.
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I eat the most at dinner- knowing a big meal is coming up helps me "behave" myself a little more during the day, and I have something to look forward too. I never know what's going to come up, so I get nervous using most of my calories earlier in the day.

I do the same thing but I've heard it isn't the right way to manage...
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options

+1
    I always feel like i'm the hungriest at dinner time, and maybe it's just a mental thing, but I look forward to dinner.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    Lunch is my biggest, with dinner being my lightest..but I'm new here so if there is a better way- I'll be happy to read it here. Dinner being lighter feels better going to bed.
  • elena99
    elena99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried the quoted approach yesterday - and I was starving after dinner. Like... c'mon, give me my usual calorie load! :grumble: Today I'm back to normal - small breakfast/lunch, big dinner and 3 tiny snacks in between. I don't know if it works though - as you can judge by the amount of weight that I've lost :ohwell:
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Haha, I use the most calories for breakfast and dinner. When I wake up my body craves something filling, and at nighttime I'm just so used to eating a nice hearty supper. :P
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    I just watch my calories and eat something every 2 - 3 hrs and then on my main meals I eat all about the same size.

working out for me so far
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think eating small meals all day works best as your body has a easier time digesting smaller meals then it does larger meals.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I gradually go up-so mine is the exact opposite;) Oh well! I feel better doing it this way-that way I can still enjoy my dinners with my hubby:)
  • whodatgrl
    whodatgrl Posts: 111
    Options
    Im opposite i eat breakfast like a pauper, lunch like a prince and dinner like a king w/ like 100cal snacks in between. I dont see how people have time to eat 5-6 sm meals a day and work, but maybe it's just that im a nurse.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You can see by my weight that I am quite large, but I can honestly say that until recently I used to skip breakfast, eat lunch at about 2 or 3 pm and eat dinner at 6-7 pm then have some sort of fruit. Sometimes I would skip lunch all together as well and just have a couple of yogurts or some chips if we had them. I'm the kind of person who if I get busy doing something I will forget to eat and then my stomach will be growling like crazy. I'm also not a very big drinker of any beverage, so all this water is very hard to take in every day. Now I breakfast like a pauper, lunch like a pauper and eat dinner like a prince. I do have quite a few snacks though, like tomatoes or some other fruit and light yogurt. I am home all day, but I tend to leave most things for my husband as he works 4 days a week and we don't have much money to spend on groceries. Needless to say, 3/4 of what we buy is for him for work.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Breakfast is usually my biggest meal. Lunch is usually small with a moderate dinner. It's that unintended fourth meal that happens about an hour before bed that gets me...
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    That's how I eat. Breakfast is my biggest meal. I do that for several reasons though:

- keeps me fuller longer
    - I also believe that you should eat the bulk of your calories when you are most active (which is during the day for most of us)
    - I go to the gym in the evening and I'm just not that hungry after
    - nor do I want to go to bed with a full tummy...I don't sleep well as it is, and it's even worse if I eat more than 3 hours or so before bedtime

BF is usually a nice omelette/fritatta OR oatmeal and a piece of fruit
    L salad w/protein or some sort of soup or maybe a combo of both
    D protein and veg or maybe a complex carb (depending on what my running schedule looks like)

I snack on fruits, veggies, nuts and yogurt
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    I totally do this. About 700-1000 cal for breakfast, about 300-400 for lunch and about 300-400 per snack (1 or 2) and a piece of fruit for dinner. I train in the evening, and I make sure I have a snack around 4 or 5, but I'm not necessarily hungry for a meal when I'm done around 8, so I just have a piece of fruit and call it a day.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast. I am not hungry in the morning. I tried forcing myself to eat breakfast and found it made me want to eat more throughout the day. It really is ideal for me to avoid that meal.

Then I have lunch like a pauper and dinner like a prince.

Cuz I don't eat much overall.