To all you Cereal Eaters out there......

Options

Replies

• LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find most cereals are laden with sugar ... yes including Special K ! Best to stick to proper oats (NOT quick cook) or good quality muesli (I LOVE Dorset Cereals' "Delicious") Or simply make up your own.

I know a few people who have raw porridge ... basically, uncooked oats (again, NOT quick cooking) that are soaked in water or fresh juice over night in the fridge. Then you can add fruit to it in the morning, and anything else, like nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of original cheerios, 1/4 cup of cinnamon chex, 3 sliced strawberries, 7 raspberries, and 3/4 cup of 1% Horizon organic milk.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Usually I have old fashioned oatmeal with cinn and nutmeg. Some days I need a little extra fiber so I eat Kellogs Bran Buds with a handfull of blueberries or chopped strawberries.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I really like the Special K cereals and for a sweet treat I'll do their Chocolaty Delight brand - yum!

Same here. Chocolaty delight is great! Most of the time I go with their protein plus
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Special K Red Berries is my favorite. I need to try some of the other kinds.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi gang! Im starting to like eating breakfast more and more and love cereal occasionally. I think im buyin healthier cereal w/ Raison Bran, etc, when I really wanna buy Capt'n Crunch! lol :bigsmile: Anywho..would like to see what healthy choices everyones eating cereal wise so I can get some healthier not so loaded w/ sugar options:happy:

I love the Kashi cereals! I'm eating the Cinnamon Harvest one lately, but I also love the soy protein and fiber twigs by Kashi. Lower sugar & higher protein than most cereals.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    Multigrain cheerios my favorite! REALLY good.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I mostly do Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunch or Kashi Honey Sunshine. They're both nice ways to get a little more fiber in cereal without it tasting awful or having way too much sugar. When I'm not needing the extra fiber, I eat Cinnamon Life. It's my dessert cereal.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Granola cereals are super high in calories...such a bummer. I really love any kind of fiber one cereal....or special K.

I know -- if I crave granola, I use it mixed in with other cereal, or mix it in with yogurt. Bummer that it's so high in fat!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have learned to like the Fiber One cerel, and just discovered the Kashi Go Lean Toasted Berry crumble. The Kashi is high in protein and in fiber! :blushing:

But I have to measure the serving sizes -- otherwise I'll eat the whole box. I also have to be careful that I don't get sugar cravings later -- carbs tend to do that to me!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The cereals I eat are multigrain cheerios, banana nut cheerios, bran buds, satisfaction and my favorite is life multigrains.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    Special K Chocolately Drizzle cereal is a fave, but I also eat a few of the Kashis.... I like the cinnamon one, and the go lean as well.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Crunch is delish.

Nutrition Facts
    1 cup (27g)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 110 Calories from Fat 20

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 3g 4%
    Saturated Fat 0 0%
    Trans Fat 0

Cholesterol 0 0%

Sodium 105mg 4%

Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Sugars 8g

Protein 2g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 10%
    Calcium 0% Iron 25%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet.

INGREDIENTS: WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT*, SUGAR*, RICE FLOUR*, SUNFLOWER OIL*, OAT FIBER*, MALTODEXTRIN*, SEA SALT, CINNAMON*, DEXTROSE*, RICE EXTRACT*, SOY LECITHIN*. VITAMIN E (MIXED TOCOPHEROLS) ADDED TO RETAIN FRESHNESS. *DENOTES ORGANIC. CONTAINS WHEAT AND SOY INGREDIENTS.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Chex....YUMM! Almost every day. Sometimes I also eat Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats or any of the flavored Special Ks
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean - Cereal (Naturally Sweetened Fiber Twigs, Soy Protein Grahams and Honey Puffs

Calories 140 Sodium 85 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 480 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g ******Dietary Fiber 10 g*****
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g
    Trans 0 g **********Protein 13 g******
    Cholesterol 0 mg
  • imdoune
    imdoune Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Special K Strawberryyyy miuuum so good!! The milk turns pink and tastes strawberry! I also add some fresh strawberries in it! I don't really like cereals, but those one are REALLY good :D
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean - Cereal (Naturally Sweetened Fiber Twigs, Soy Protein Grahams and Honey Puffs

Calories 140 Sodium 85 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 480 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 30 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g ******Dietary Fiber 10 g*****
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g
    Trans 0 g **********Protein 13 g******
    Cholesterol 0 mg

I just don't think you can beat this for nutritional value! It takes some getting used to, but after awhile it tastes slightly sweet just by itself . I also like to put pineapple tidbits in my oatmeal. Yum!
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    If you're into the fruity type cereals like Captain crunch, Fruity Pebbles, etc. I found Kashi Berry Blossoms to be an awesome alternative. I also dig the Frosted Mini Wheats Little Bites.