Need help--Live in hotels and need easy cook recipes.

Options
I live in hotels for most of the year, (316 days in 2010). I stay in each one for at least 6 weeks and carry a fair amount of "stuff" with me. All my hotel rooms have a fridge, microwave and one of them has a 2 ring stove top. I also have a "panini grill" which I travel with. I need ideas on what meals I can either cook or foods I can keep in the room.

The other problem I incur is that no two days are the same. I may work 14 hours out of a field, or 9 hours in a base with a full kitchen but have no set schedule. In a few months I will be working 12 days on and 2 full days off where I will be with a full kitchen.

Any ideas, help and/or comments would be most appreciated.....

Replies

• Here is an easy hotel room breakfast.
    Scrambled egss in a whole wheat burrito
    tools needed...knife, pot of boiling water, and ziplock freezer bag.
    dice whater veggies you want in your breakfast, I use mushrooms and bell peppers, pop them in the bag. Add as many eggs into the bag as you need, put the sealed bag into a pot of boiling water, simmer for 10 - 13- min. The eggs will not stick to the plastic, just plop them out on your soft tortilla, add some salsa, old cheddar if you like, and you are done!
  • coptergman
    Options
    Thanx...I will have to try that...
  • drohde12
    drohde12 Posts: 22
    Options
    I put fat-free refried beans into a tortilla (I like La Tortilla Factory whole wheat) with shredded cheese. Just put in the microwave for a minute or two. You can top with jalapeno slices or salsa, or even sour cream. So yummy and satisfying plus its a good source of protein and fiber.

Also, whole wheat bagels with peanut butter for breakfast.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into an extended-stay hotel at any of your locations? Many of these are like mini apartments, i.e. kitchenettes with cooking areas and pantries/cupboards. Most times, they are just a few extra dollars a day to stay. The savings on meals could make up that difference if you don't have to buy as much prepared/convenience packaged stuff.