SAHM 3/28-4/3

Options

Replies

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    drcarrier - If I went to TX I'd be way more interested in eating than losing weight! We're going to TN in June and I already can't wait, I love southern cuisine. We eat out so much every time we go to my IL's condo in SC. I have W7D3 workout left for this week. The 25 min runs are brutal, I've done 3 so far (counting the end of week 6) and even though my HR is staying lower I feel like I'm still working ridiculously hard to keep going!

I'm not talking about sleep anymore, she was up 11-2 AM last night and I had just gotten home from work at 11 so I got no time to unwind and she decided to not sleep in this morning, so we were still up at 7 *sigh* I napped when she did earlier and she's actually taking a 2nd right now (MIRACLE) so I really should at least dance before I have to start getting dinner ready. I'm a little concerned because the recipe I bookmarked and planned on making tonight won't load even though it did fine this morning, so I may have to improvise :P
  • khharms
    khharms Posts: 12
    Options
    Shoppie - I do abs (ahem) twice a week, at core class - here are some things we do:
    planks - regular and side

bicycles

scissors - put your hands under your tailbone, lift your legs, and do a cross scissor - in otherwords, cross and uncross your
    ankles - do this while lifting your legs up and down (does that make sense?!?! I can't find a video for it) Regular scissor kicks are good too

sitting in crunch position - take a 6 or 8 lb ball and 'twist' side to side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hULmPHODbi0&feature=related

I know we do more than these, but it's late and my brain is on auto pilot! anyway, hope these help a little!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    still here. just in the background. yesterday was not a good food day, but all the others have been. so today i'm re-focused on not mindlessly snacking on junk. :)

moving going ok. monday the packers come and tuesday we move. till then, just have a little more to move over ourselves.

gonna be hot today--upper 80s. well, hello spring in the desert!

katiem, i was glad to read about your mil. getting that space definitely helped her get clarity. wishing her continued strength in this process.

hoping (but not promising) to get a walk dvd in today--before dinner? we'll see

later chicas! have a great Thursday!!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    bump for later. Have an great day!!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    HI! I am so glad to see a SAHM group! I am a SAHM in NW Indiana. I have a four year old daughter and two year old son. Being a SAHM is the best choice I have made since I decided to have children in the first place! I cant wait to "meet" all of you!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    You ladies are busy! I have been having a hard time getting motivated to workout but I have stayed right around maintenance cals every day. I have been much more diligent to log my food since I found out about the baby.

Stacey- I am SOOOOO jealous of 80 degree weather. We are expecting 9-17 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow...certainly won't help w/ the workout motivation.

Gotta get moving again!!
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow, I'm nervous!! I finished W7 of the C25K today and overall it didn't go well. I completed, but the last 5-8 mins of the runs are killing me and not any easier after doing them 4 times. My max HR today was 187, no wonder I couldn't breathe. Needless to say I'll be doing W7 over again next week, maybe at a slower pace. We're supposed to get a foot and a half of snow tonight and tomorrow so I'm assuming Stroller Strides will be canceled - looks like I'll be getting up early on my Saturday for a make up class :sad: Usually the hubs takes R so I can catch up on sleep I lose during the week, but I'm paying for a weekly class, now, I won't lose that $$!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    arrrggghhhh I SO WANT CHOCOLATE AND ALL SWEETS IN A BINGE FORM!!

oldest dd has been up and down, tantruming, crying since 5pm. 4 hours later..... thank g-d dh was able to positively interact with her. and now at 9pm he is going to new house to put together 2 beds. he is wonderman.

the other two have been fine--just kids. oh wait--i forgot the 20min scream fest over the shiny penny (penny!!) with brother.

as for cals, i am 240 over bc i didn't exercise. thought about it, espec as a stress reliever. but instead lay in my tempurpedic bed paralyzed from the emotions swirling around me. i am also an intense person and my circuits were overloaded.

ahhhh....thank you all for letting me post here. i will now go snuggle son and NOT eat. a glass of water would be wise.:flowerforyou:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Stacey - have you tried eating some fake sugar to head off the worst of the cravings? When I'm like that hot choc often does the trick for me and options (not sure if you have that?) is only 40 cals for a cup.

Wildcat - boo to more snow! Well done for keeping going with the C25K - you *will* get there!!

awelch - welcome! :flowerforyou:

Thanks kat and khharms for the abs ideas not sure I'm up to a 200 sit up challenge just yet, think I'll build up to that!! The scissor ones sound familiar though, will have a hunt and try adding those into my routine. I think I may see if I can get a pilates DVD or something to help get me focussed on core strength at least some days.

I am learning so much from posting here! Like I honestly had no idea that the origin of the term 'yank' was from the civil war. I should really do some history or something. Weird though as I went round the northern states on one of my trips and I don't actually recall seeing that anywhere, not even Boston? I guess I could have forgotten, it must be 6 years or so ago and I've had 3 kids inbetween hich has kicked out virtually all brains I once had! :blushing: Or maybe as it can be offensive no-one mentioned it and therefore the dimwitted foreigners carry on in the mistaken notion its just a slang term for American?!

As for what do we say instead of 'go girlfriend' or whatever, well done pretty much covers it and is usually what I comment to peoples' status updates - please don't think I'm not impressed if that's all you get, I am impressed *nod smiley* I love how enthusiastic americans are (disclaimer - or seem to be to me), I worked for Exxon for about 5 years a bit back, but I could never seem to be as enthusiastic without it feeling fake. Then I worked for Canon (Japanese) and it was like one extreme to the other!!

ETA - diet and exercise wise, all going ok though I know I need to keep an eye on the 'little bits' I am eatig here and there as they add up!!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Melissa-My sympathies on the snow. It's snowing here right now and we're in the 6-12 range. :sad:

Stacey-Yesterday I felt like eating all day, and sweet things too. Sometimes I try to have a cup of tea with splenda, but some days I just need the chocolate. :laugh:

Shoppie-When I first met my DH he called me his yank, so I started calling him my limey. :laugh:

As for me today, my goal is to cut out snacking so much! Yesterday was awful! And as I mentioned above, it's snowing here so I'll be out shoveling for exercise. I may do some strength training on the Wii later too. Though DS was up at 4am again today so I may just go to bed right after they do tonight. :yawn:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Melissa- We are in the snow here as well. We only have 3-4 inches thankfully and it is supposed to be warmer next week so hopefully it will melt fast!

I weighed in today and am happy to say that I have lost the weight from my vacation. That just proves it was a lot of water weight. SO now I am on my way to the 160s hopefully I will hit it next week. I am going out to dinner with friend tonight. We are going to Longhorn Steakhouse. I have been doing some research and know what the healthy options are but I have never gotten a healthy option so I am wondering if anyone has suggestions? I ususally get the Ribs which I think it probably the worst possible choice on the menu.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Drcarrier- Congratulations on the weight loss!! I love that restaurant, and now I know why!! Good grief! The things I normally ate there were loaded with sodium. A quick look had me thinking about the chili with a baked potato and sour cream. I've never had either though. I have had the sieraa chicken and that was good, but it has quite a bit of sodium. Also, it depends on how many calories you're thinking about splurging. I'm on 1200 a day so I don't have many to sacrifice unless I do a good workout. :laugh:
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have about 730 cals reserved for dinner if I don't work out. I am thinking maybe the salmon or trout with aspargus and maybe a baked potato. I just really need to avoid the bread and butter. I could eat the entire loaf!
  • WildcatMom82
    Options
    drcarrier - The sierra chicken is really good, mostly because of the tomato/basil topping, sooooo delicious! Last time we went I got that with the steamed veggies (it also comes with rice) and ate half the chicken, half the rice, and all the veggies and it was reasonable. The dinner portion is a little larger than the lunch portion (we went for lunch) but only 100 cals more - it's 410 for the chicken, 200 for the rice, and 90 for the veggies and that's if you eat the whole thing. TONS of sodium, but that's like most restaurants :) The 7 oz Flo's Fillet is 450 cals and pretty good as well if you prefer beef.

My brother wants to take me to Cracker Barrel next week because he loves it and I've never been. I'm really bummed they don't have nutrition facts :P He's 18, though, so it's pretty cute he wants to take us to lunch.
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies!

So sorry to hear that some of you are stuck in snow! It is April!! Time for winter to pack it in and go away!! It is raining and nasty here, has been for the past couple of days...I am getting sick of it!

Been staying pretty on-track this week...going to hit the gym this afternoon. Heading out of town for the night tomorrow afternoon with some friends for a conference on Sunday. I am really starting to get tired of being on-the-go all the time...it feels like I have been visiting, or had visitors for EVER and I am ready to just have a weekend that I can spend at home. I guess the silver lining of being go-go-go is that I am not just hanging on the couch watching tv. Ah well....

Happy Friday ladies!!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wildcat-Cracker Barrel is king of comfort food, think fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes etc. They also serve breakfast all day so maybe ordering an omelet of something would be safest.

KC-You are a busy woman! Since you aren't home it makes it harder just to munch on things all day. As for the weather..it's been cruddy here too. Luckily today it's sunny and 52 ,due to hit 68 on Sunday.

drcarrier-Happy for you losing your extra 'trinket from vacation'. Enjoy your dinner out with your friend.

Today was a low ebb exercise day for me. I have a sore thigh probably from too many squats yesterday so it pulls and hurts when I walk too fast. I did minimal cardio and did upper body lifting. Hoping to do Zumba tomorrow and take Sunday off. Monday I start that crazy 6 am exercise class..ugh! Really hoping it gets me off this darn stall!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    WildcatMom82- Cracker Barrell is great. It sucks that they don't offer any nutritional information. I haven't been there is a long time but when I am trying to be good I get there grilled chicken or catfish. They do offer a lot of good sides, steamed veggies and such. I LOVE the hashbrown casserole but I seriously doubt that it is healthy. The hardest thing about going there for me is their cornbread is delicious!

Hope all you ladies have a great weekend!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies, I’ve been MIA this past week. I have had a lot going on and my motivation and everything has not been there. I had a friend of mine get childish over my daughter’s birthday party and blew up on facebook about the situation, and called me some names, and basically played high school drama, and I’m too old for it and I don’t need it or want it, so after a friendship of 21 years, I called it quits. But, I’m thinking and hoping that is has come back and I’m ready to start kicking butt again!

Clcole-Thank you (from your post on the week of SAHM 3/21-3/27) and I’m trying to hang in there, but its tough, especially lately.

Stacey-Thank you (from your post on the week of SAHM 3/21-3/27).

Welcome Sden, lamWillow, Sherri, CTK, Karla, Danielle,

Shoppie-As you can tell, I walked away, especially since this person continued high school crap on facebook about me.

Katie-It’s ok. It’s probably because he looks younger than he is. He is doing really well with the sippy cup now, went and bought the ones with the silicone top (like the bottle nipples) and within a day, he was drinking them like a pro, now to get rid of that bedtime bottle. We got his hair trimmed last week too (It was driving me nuts!) He looks so much better and everyone, even family said he looks like his age now….so that might help.

Welcome back, Melissa! Congrats on the pregnancy!! Here’s to a happy and healthy one!

Awelch-Welcome!! Where at in Indiana are you from? I too am a Hoosier, and its so nice to see another one here in the group!

I’m a GLEEK!!!

Now that I think I have caught up with everything, whew! That was a lot!! Hoping to stay on track. Well, I weighed in this morning, and I am happy to announce, I hit the 160s today, weighing in at 168.8 lbs!!! Wooo hoo!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Not sure how it happened, considering that’s 1.2 lbs from last week, and this week I’ve been junking out on junk food, drinking tons of regular soda this week, and hardly any exercise, but I’m not calling the scale a lair and I will take it! This should get me back on track!! Now, to start logging food and exercises again. Well, I’m off for now, catch you all later!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome Awelch! Congrats on your loss, your belly looks amazing! We have another momma from that area on here :)

Wildcat ~ Sorry about the tough run. I ran at a much slower pace the last few weeks of that program. I wanted to be able to finish each day and not quit, so I ran slower. My motto was always "Doesn't matter how fast I go, as long as I get there!" Good luck repeating, definitely try slowing a bit to see if it helps!

Stacey ~ Sorry about the rough day :( I know what those are like!! Here's to a better day and weekend!

DrCarrier ~ Told you it would fall off fast! Yeah!! :)

I'm going on my trip back home a week earlier!! YEAH!!! But I'm worried because I will be back home with all those yummy snacks and wine my parents like to keep in the house. I hope I can stay away, I have a bridesmaid's dress (that FITS LIKE A GLOVE) to fit into after 2 weeks of being there...yikes!! Luckily I'll be able to stay on track with you gals. I'm hoping not to eat out on the entire drive, packing sandwiches, fruits, carrots, nuts, light popcorn, etc. I am notorious for grabbing a bag of doritos or hanovers pretzel bits and eating an entire bag on a two day drive.

I also started a 'to do' list, I have one or two things that are mandatory on certain days a week, and cannot get on the computer or workout until those chores are completed! I've been letting the house slide a bit, and it's been stressing the hubbs out (which I didn't know until we had a good talk about finances, the house, his school, etc) So I am going to try to keep the house in order so he doesn't need to worry about anything other than spending time with us, his school work, and thesis.

That's why I haven't been around too much lately, trying to limit myself and for an internet addict such as myself, it's sooo hard!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Barb, congrats on the loss!! :) Glad he's doing better with the sippies, that's awesome!