Women Only! Need ideas to fight that monthly craving.

Options
I normally get crazy chocolate cravings like some women do when they get their period. I need ideas of light snacks I can try. Maybe you have a favorite or maybe you can tell me I don't nee:tongue: d chocolate but no matter just tell me what ya do!

Replies

• nicley21
    nicley21 Posts: 12
    Options
    When I am craving something sweet I will eat a tablespoon or 2 of Nutella spread right off the spoon. Its chocolately and will knock out the cravings fast! It also tastes good spread on toast. :o) Its also healthy for you in small amounts.
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    Have you tried cocoa roasted almonds? I get a big tub from Sam's Club. :) They do the trick when I'm craving chocolate!
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    Have you tried cocoa roasted almonds? I get a big tub from Sam's Club. :) They do the trick when I'm craving chocolate!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options

I absolutely love them! Emerald's Cocoa Roasted almonds has 4 carbs and 2 grams of fiber in each 100 calorie pack & only 15g sodium. YUMMY! That should do it for you!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Yes, love nutella! Also, I've used choc-mint chapstick, or the new Dessert Extra gum! Good Luck...it's tough being a girl ;)
  • Kia84
    Kia84 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love the jello sugar free pudding cups. They seem to hit the spot for me :smile: good luck!
  • ezreka
    ezreka Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like the jello 60 calorie puddings.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i give myself a treat, but not too much. i feel deprived if i dont and eventually ill give in too much
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of girlfriends that have tried the PMS Smoothie from the TV show, 'The Doctor's' and they swear by it. I'm pregnant so I haven't tried it myself just yet but I do plan to. Here's the recipe:

http://wsrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/05/pms-smoothie-from-doctors-tv.html
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I buy a super dark 73% chocolate bar and have 1 square at a time and really SAVOR it...I find that after 1 or two my craving is satisfied...there are 12 squares in 1 bar of trader joes dark chocolate bars...they come in a three pack so make sure to hide them from view! Another thing I will do only if I have been good is have an organic chocolate milk like Horizon brand...and It's fun to drink because in a "juice" box!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172569-frozen-peanut-butter-cups

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/188213-126-calorie-brownie

sugar free chocolate jello

ice cream sandwich made with graham crackers and whip cream dusted in coco

chocolate almond milk frozen
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon gum is the answer to every craving that ever existed! =) Try it!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    Yes, love nutella! Also, I've used choc-mint chapstick, or the new Dessert Extra gum! Good Luck...it's tough being a girl ;)

Mmm.... Dessert Extra's Mint Chocolate Chip!

I'm actually the Office Chocolate Queen. I don't have a major issue with the chocolate sitting on my desk. I just keep the little chocolate mini's bit sized stuff in a closed jar. Nothing big. It's out of sight, out of mind for me. BUT I also have a piggy bank sitting next to the candy jar that everyone knows is for the "chocolate tax". My co-workers know I'll keep the chocolate, but if you want some, you need to pay the price! Usually payment is either monetary, or by harassment by the next cubicle over regarding diabetes and it's effects. :smile:
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have to second that and also add that eating pickle spears will kill craving and they are super low in calories also.
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say the same thing nutella is awesome!! It is sooo good and hits the spot everytime!!
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i like having the carnation instant breakfasts, great and oh so chocholaty
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    Wow ladies thank you I will try at least a few of these great ideas! :bigsmile:
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Hi

I love chocolate, from nutella, to peanut/almond whatever M&Ms, 95%-cocoa dark chocolate etc. However, I do not buy any of the high-sugar, low-cocoa chocolates anymore because if I had one or two or three small m&ms, I would have the rest later on when I had a craving -mainly in the winter, when it's so cold outside.

Therefore, I rather buy the REAL thing: very dark chocolate, a bit sweet but with such a strong and rich flavor that by eating it slowly my body/mind would feel satisfied. Sometimes I had a square of this very dark chocolate (+75 or +80 % cocoa) with a banana. Eat them slowly.

If you don't have the highly processed sugary chocolates at home, you'll feel less tempted to eat them, and your body gets used to having less sweet foods.
  • BeGreat25
    Options
    Ugh snowflakelaia I hear ya on not having those highly processed sugary chocolates! Thanks for your advice I am gonna check into Trader Joes later for sure!
  • BeGreat25
    Options
    @ Finding Freedom I've never tried cocoa roasted almonds & that sounds delicious! I will have to look for them for sure. I don't go to Sam's club but will have to look into them.