one small change ...

Options
Lately, there have been a lot of forum posts on what makes you a beautiful person and what parts of your body you are proud of.

How about taking the next step MFP friends?

What small change are you going to make this week in moving forward in your goal? Are you going to up your weekly calorie burn by 500 calories? Are you going to drink more water? Are you going to watch less TV? Are you going to walk after dinner?

Let's see how many of you can commit to ONE SMALL CHANGE this week and stick to it ;)

My small change is to increase my fruit intake and drop my "empty carb" sugar intake.

Replies

• SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great post! My "one small change" this week is going to be that I don't eat when I'm stressed.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Eat healthier!!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I will drink more water. I do well on days that I work out, but on my rest days, I am unreliable, at best.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I actually told myself I wasn't having any sugar, except whats in healthy foods,including caramel bugles and I have been doing crunches this week too, I wanted to get back into doing them. So is actually a couple of things. So it's been since Monday, normally Monday I always have something, but so far having even had a mini Resess or anything. Saturday and Sunday I will be at the beach for my Anniversary, so I'm sure I will have some kind of goody, but it will have been 6 days, and that will be huge!
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I am going to change my workout next week. Going to do Jillians Ripped in 30.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love it guys!! Getting your goals out there in public will make you think about them more and stay accountable to them! Well done!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    My one small change is going to be a big change, I think. :)

I live with my fiance in a fairly small duplex. We do not have a dining table. We eat on the couch. This is not good. Especially with my past relationship with food. So to support more mindful eating I made a change to our environment. In our kitchen, the counter is a bar sitting area out into the hallway. This has been a "junk" area. Today I cleaned it up, got some stools- and now it is ready to be used as an eating space.

I think this will be a really good change for both of us and our eating habits :)
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    My small change is to add some extra cardio bright and early in the morning before the kiddos are up for the day!
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drink more water and get a little more exercise in.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I live with my fiance in a fairly small duplex. We do not have a dining table. We eat on the couch. This is not good. Especially with my past relationship with food. So to support more mindful eating I made a change to our environment. In our kitchen, the counter is a bar sitting area out into the hallway. This has been a "junk" area. Today I cleaned it up, got some stools- and now it is ready to be used as an eating space.

I think this will be a really good change for both of us and our eating habits :)

That's fantastic!

Oh... my small change... I'm going to try to keep my sodium intake "in the green". I started today. :bigsmile:
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options

I LOVE this small change!! It is proven that sitting down at the dining table to eat not only trains your brain to concentrate on your food more and enjoy your food more and associates eating with being at the table! It also is proven that you will probably eat LESS as you are not "mindless eating" in front of the TV! Brilliant response!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I gotta a couple small changes........

Increase Water and Work out longer and harder!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 Days left of the Biggest Loser Contest I'm In!!!!!!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    My one small change will be to not let the stress of opening night of the play I am directing get to me. It's April 8 and I am a stress eater...