Anyone have a low cal healthy waffel recipe?

Options
Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
I'm having company this weekend and they are very used to me making all sorts of goodies for them! I want to still be able to make the things I know they love but in a way that I can have them too.

Does anyone have a healthy low cal waffle recipe? Or other breakfast/brunch recipes?

Replies

• AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Here is one from Sparkpeople. I sub in fruit instead of the suger to sweeten it. Like Strawberries. Also use a whole grain flour and skm milk.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=151931
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    There are great waffle recipes here

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/?s=PROTEIN+WAFFLES
  • clpolk1
    clpolk1 Posts: 27
    Options
    The weight watchers web site has tons of stuff for all meals...:) You do not have to be a member to view it all..
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Baked Berry French Toast Casserole

12 egg whites
    1 1/2 c skim milk
    4 TBSP Vanilla
    4 tsp Cinnamon
    6-10 packets Splenda (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.
    Mix all of the above in a bowl and "beat" with a fork.

Take 12 slices light whole wheat bread & tear into small pieces. Toss with egg mixture until thoroughly wet.
    Pour into sprayed 9x13" pan. Sprinkle 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) on top or mixture of blueberries & raspberries.
    (Granny Smith apple chunks can also be used instead of berries).
    Bake for 35-45 minutes or until firm.
    Makes 6 large servings. 217 calories per serving.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Suggestions: Make with water instead of milk, egg white instead of the whole egg. Sugar free syrup (sparingly). Maybe its an acquired taste, but I think these modifications are nearly identical to the full-guilt version. Smaller plates help too. Also suggest side with protein so you're not hungry five minutes after the meal. Something like Morning Star veggie breakfast patties. Yum.
  • remembernomore
    Options
    That's what we ended up having this morning. I did a homemade mix on the fly, we didn't have it planned so I didn't have anything special ingredient wise for it and when I put in the recipe in here it came up about 119 calories for 10 super large pancakes. If you switch and play around with them ingredient wise you can prob cut it down more. But for me 1 pancake is enough.
    The 'recipe' was 2 cups flour and half cup sugar, vanilla to taste and water 'til the batter is right. I am an eyeball cook, measurement isn't something I do offhanded. lol

Good luck with your get together!
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Baked Berry French Toast Casserole

12 egg whites
    1 1/2 c skim milk
    4 TBSP Vanilla
    4 tsp Cinnamon
    6-10 packets Splenda (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.
    Mix all of the above in a bowl and "beat" with a fork.

Take 12 slices light whole wheat bread & tear into small pieces. Toss with egg mixture until thoroughly wet.
    Pour into sprayed 9x13" pan. Sprinkle 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) on top or mixture of blueberries & raspberries.
    (Granny Smith apple chunks can also be used instead of berries).
    Bake for 35-45 minutes or until firm.
    Makes 6 large servings. 217 calories per serving.

Thanks for the recipe:) sounds great
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There are great waffle recipes here

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/?s=PROTEIN+WAFFLES

Great site, thanks for sharing it :)